Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
AT MAGIC
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys,
i own a 04 tsx automatic. i wish to add turbo. what is all i need?
i been suggested dual ball bearing turbo and aem ecu, but i need more info and so lost in this. I have a friend who can install but I need to know where do i get what i need to get like ALL parts.

thanks for looking

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
I would suggest looking over at k20a.org. Lots of good info there.

·
From Nissan to Honda
2,170 Posts
If I were you, I would get a kit thats complete and ready for bolt on. I do not know of any turbo kits currently that are made for the CL9, but the comptech supercharger kit is pretty much a pnp setup that gives reliable power with a nice powerband that doesnt require much customization of parts, if any at all.

·
AT MAGIC
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If I were you, I would get a kit thats complete and ready for bolt on. I do not know of any turbo kits currently that are made for the CL9, but the comptech supercharger kit is pretty much a pnp setup that gives reliable power with a nice powerband that doesnt require much customization of parts, if any at all.
yes that was an option i looked into but the reason im not leaning towards the sc is cuz i wish to save gas a bit. sc is constantly using power, which is plays a huge factor in your mpg. i will be driving it daily and im looking to push about 10psi boost after a certain rpm. so unless i dont hit that rpm, my gas should still be as much as stock ...if im not mistaken. please correct me if im wrong.

·
From Nissan to Honda
2,170 Posts
yes that was an option i looked into but the reason im not leaning towards the sc is cuz i wish to save gas a bit. sc is constantly using power, which is plays a huge factor in your mpg. i will be driving it daily and im looking to push about 10psi boost after a certain rpm. so unless i dont hit that rpm, my gas should still be as much as stock ...if im not mistaken. please correct me if im wrong.
There are many variables for gas mileage, two of which is turbo boost setting (how much psi), and turbo Area/Radius. A turbo with a smaller AR would spool to the desired turbine power at lower rpms, while a bigger one would at higher RPMs...but properly tuning a bigger spooling turbo requires more fuel as it has more flow capacity...see where I'm going with this?

Don't factor in gas mileage into boosting a car, its not going to fit in anywhere, honestly...unless you plan to run E85 or go turbo diesel, lol.

Plus, the A/T on these cars aren't the strongest. To properly
build a transmission (VB upgrade, trans cooler, torque converter, LSD, etc.) it will cost more than the differential of going SC for gas concerns.

I like the CT-E SC because its a end to end kit designed for these cars, gives a nice power boost and is reliable.

But thats just me. Good luck, make sure to post pics :)

·
AT MAGIC
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well i have blown 2 trannies in 3 years using trip all the time. its a bit pain in the a** . but i still like the triptronic over manual for some odd reason. i guess maybe the traffic times i really dont want to be switching gears all the time. i suppose the CT-E is one of the best pnp as you suggested but what would you suggest about putting a transmission cooler? is there such thing as a auto LSD? and what is this... Feel's Hondatrwincam Super Torque Converter and Cooler Kit, 04-08 Acura TSX / Honda Accord CL9 - HeelToe Automotive

·
Registered
55 Posts
There are many variables for gas mileage, two of which is turbo boost setting (how much psi), and turbo Area/Radius. A turbo with a smaller AR would spool to the desired turbine power at lower rpms, while a bigger one would at higher RPMs...but properly tuning a bigger spooling turbo requires more fuel as it has more flow capacity...see where I'm going with this?

Don't factor in gas mileage into boosting a car, its not going to fit in anywhere, honestly...unless you plan to run E85 or go turbo diesel, lol.

Plus, the A/T on these cars aren't the strongest. To properly
build a transmission (VB upgrade, trans cooler, torque converter, LSD, etc.) it will cost more than the differential of going SC for gas concerns.

I like the CT-E SC because its a end to end kit designed for these cars, gives a nice power boost and is reliable.

But thats just me. Good luck, make sure to post pics :)
^ yup.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.