Acura TSX Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Banned
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Impala (4 speed automatic, 2 valve/cylinder, pushrod, iron block/iron head V6, curb weight 3,500 pounds!!!!!):

0 - 60 in 7.5 and the 1/4 mile in 15.7 @ 91 MPH:

http://www.mpt.org/motorweek/reviews/rt1838.shtml

AND THE IMPALA GETS BETTER HIGHWAY MILEAGE (30 MPG)!!!

http://www.edmunds.com/new/2003/che...id=edmunds.n.prices.leftsidenav..8.Chevrolet*

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TSX (all 6 speed cars):

1) MOTOR TREND (July '03):

0-60 in 7.9 and the 1/4 mile in 16.0 sec @88.8.

2) CAR AND DRIVER (July '03):

0 -60 in 7.2 and the 1/4 mile in 15.6 @ 91.

3) http://www.mpt.org/motorweek/reviews/rt2235a.shtml

0 - 60 in 7.6 and the 1/4 mile in 15.9 @ 90 MPH:

·
Registered
112 Posts
This is because 200hp/225lb torque. That's 60lb ft more than the TSX, which makes up for the extra 200lbs of weight. What's your point. Are you just trying to anger or annoy people here who know the TSX is a good car? If the TSX was built just for speed, it would cost more than 25k and have a much larger engine. I've been scanning these forums tonight, since I am interested in buying a TSX. I found out that you are the cancer of this forum, and I'm going to dedicate my time here to make you look like an idiot the more you post. So if you want that, continue.

·
Banned
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
TeC said:
This is because 200hp/225lb torque. That's 60lb ft more than the TSX, which makes up for the extra 200lbs of weight. What's your point. Are you just trying to anger or annoy people here who know the TSX is a good car? If the TSX was built just for speed, it would cost more than 25k and have a much larger engine. I've been scanning these forums tonight, since I am interested in buying a TSX. I found out that you are the cancer of this forum, and I'm going to dedicate my time here to make you look like an idiot the more you post. So if you want that, continue.
The Impala is 300 pounds heavier.

It's also a larger car and offers more interior room and luggage space.

It uses a "low tech," 2 valve/cylinder/pushrod V6, complete with cst iron heads and it runs on 87 octane.

Despite all that, it gets 1 MPG MORE than the TSX gets on the highway, per the US Environmental Protection Agency.

Acura is advertising the car as "Wall Street RACER." How can it be a "racer" if a V6 Impala and I6 Chevy Trailblazer are just as quick? Are they "racers," too?:confused:

·
Registered
112 Posts
The Lexus GS400 gets 0-60 in 5.7 and the 1/4 mile in 14.3. Is this a racer too? Acura can advertise their car any way they want. If it makes the car sell, it did its job. Many cars are faster than cars that are suppose to be sporty. This doesn't mean they are all as sport oriented, or handle as well. Your Trailblazer vs TSX posts show your complete ignorance in all other aspects of what makes a car "sporty". I guess this is why you ended up with a camaro.

·
Banned
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
TeC said:
The Lexus GS400 gets 0-60 in 5.7 and the 1/4 mile in 14.3. Is this a racer too? Acura can advertise their car any way they want. If it makes the car sell, it did its job. Many cars are faster than cars that are suppose to be sporty. This doesn't mean they are all as sport oriented, or handle as well. Your Trailblazer vs TSX posts show your complete ignorance in all other aspects of what makes a car "sporty". I guess this is why you ended up with a camaro.
"Sporty?

Are you going to educate me on things like torsional rigidity, suspension geometry, damping rates, roll centers, weight distribution, etc?

Do you know what a 1LE is? I didn't think so...

See, REAL PERFORMANCE CARS are REAR WHEEL DRIVE and have something that at least resembles a 50/50 F/R weight distribution

The TSX has neither. :eek: :eek:

I never compared the "handling" of the TSX to a Trailblazer, did I?:confused:

·
Registered
112 Posts
You seem to edit a lot of your posts after you already post them. Saying things wrong by accident? I'm not going to educate you on anything. You won't learn anything anyway.. sort of like those kids who get on the little bus at the end of the school day. RWD helps performance, but just slapping RWD on a car and thinking it'll make the car perform like a dream is dumb.. in fact, it's muscle car thinking. Oops, my bad.

·
Banned
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
TeC said:
You seem to edit a lot of your posts after you already post them. Saying things wrong by accident? I'm not going to educate you on anything. You won't learn anything anyway.. sort of like those kids who get on the little bus at the end of the school day. RWD helps performance, but just slapping RWD on a car and thinking it'll make the car perform like a dream is dumb.. in fact, it's muscle car thinking. Oops, my bad.
How many Ferraris, BMWS and Porsches use front wheel drive?:confused:

Are those "muscle cars?"

·
Registered
112 Posts
Stop asking questions. Don't you remember? I don't respond to you anymore. This is the last one.

·
Banned
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
TeC said:
Stop asking questions. Don't you remember? I don't respond to you anymore. This is the last one.
How many Ferraris, BMWS and Porsches use front wheel drive?

Are those "muscle cars?"

How many front wheel drive Indy and Formula 1 cars are there?
:confused:

·
TSX of the Month Winner
104 Posts
Dude think what you want to think....your insulting everyone yet again....and obviously no one is changing opinions about the TSX. You have already made your point several times in several different posts. Now please....just shut up.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Most people buy Acura's to last. My first two cars were Camaro's and my last car was a Integra GSR. The Camaro's were junk at 90k plus. The TSX first scheduled tune up is 110k.You'll be lucky if your Impala makes it to 110k.So mabe we can race the family cars then, if yours is still running!

·
Banned
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
brentd1 said:
Most people buy Acura's to last. My first two cars were Camaro's and my last car was a Integra GSR. The Camaro's were junk at 90k plus. The TSX first scheduled tune up is 110k.You'll be lucky if your Impala makes it to 110k.So mabe we can race the family cars then, if yours is still running!
I don't own an Impala.

Of course, I can still show you how STUPID your statment was via the following link. Peter Egan's (senior editor @ ROAD & TRACK) winter car is an old Park Avenue, which uses the same basic engine and tranny as the Impala. Take a look @ the mileage on the car and fuel mileage he's getting:

http://www.roadandtrack.com/article.asp?section_id=26&article_id=26&page_number=1

You're telling me that Camaros won't last beyond 90K miles?:confused: :confused: :confused:

Please e-mail these guys (and tens of thousands of others) and let him know that:

http://www.carsurvey.org/review_28684.html

http://www.carsurvey.org/review_11984.html

·
Banned
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
sublime3sixteen said:
Go to a TSX hate site already and SHUT UP! We DONT CARE.
I was responding to the other user's comments.

If my posts bother you then you are free to ignore them. :p

Click on my "Profile" and then click "Add harddrivin1le to your ignore list."

Either way, the realities I've pointed out will continue to exist.:eek:

If you didn't care then you wouldn't be YELLING!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
OK me saying " the Camaro's were junk at 90k plus"was a over statement. I used the word "junk" meaning - My old 91' and 95' Camaro at 110,000 miles in comparison to my old 98' Integra at 110,000 miles. If I made a list of money spent for maintance on all three cars, the Integra would be the least expensive to drive.This would save you money if you would put that in your Peter Egan equation.If you plan to buy a nice car that will last, look at the emblem on the front.If you want a car for gas milage, look at the window sticker. And you need to complain to Acura that a Impala is .4 seconds quicker than the TSX as tested by Moter Trend. And tell them about the gas milage too.

·
Banned
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
brentd1 said:
OK me saying " the Camaro's were junk at 90k plus"was a over statement. I used the word "junk" meaning - My old 91' and 95' Camaro at 110,000 miles in comparison to my old 98' Integra at 110,000 miles. If I made a list of money spent for maintance on all three cars, the Integra would be the least expensive to drive.This would save you money if you would put that in your Peter Egan equation.If you plan to buy a nice car that will last, look at the emblem on the front.If you want a car for gas milage, look at the window sticker. And you need to complain to Acura that a Impala is .4 seconds quicker than the TSX as tested by Moter Trend. And tell them about the gas milage too.
How many times did the Camaros have to have their valves adjusted and their timing belts replaced? (Answer: None, because they use hydraulic lifters and timing CHAINS).

There are MANY older Camaro owners on the following site that have logged big miles with very little maintenance:

http://www.carsurvey.org/review_28684.html

Generally speaking, Japanese cars are better built and last longer than American cars. I know that because I've owned many example of each.

But generally speaking, the "affordable" Japanese cars use small engines that rev like hyperactive chain saws on the highway and return fuel mileage figures that are far less than one might "expect."

Additionally, someone who can TRULY afford to spend ~ $28K on a car is also likely to sell/trade it before the 6 year mark....

·
Registered
112 Posts
Quick note: TSX auto runs at 2500rpm at 75mph. That's not really very high, especially for a 4 cyl.

If you really want to keep busy, find a 4 cyl that has a lower RPM at that speed. You can spend forever looking for one, and not respond. That would work out best for us. Thanks.

·
Banned
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
TeC said:
Quick note: TSX auto runs at 2500rpm at 75mph. That's not really very high, especially for a 4 cyl.

If you really want to keep busy, find a 4 cyl that has a lower RPM at that speed. You can spend forever looking for one, and not respond. That would work out best for us. Thanks.
I've REPEATEDLY acknowledged that the AUTOMATIC is relatively sedate in terms of RPM/MPH in high gear. It also gets BETTER mileage than the manual (which in itself tells you that something is wrong with the way the manual is geared in 6th).

But the automatic version of the TSX is a slow car (mid SIXTEENS in the 1/4 mile!!!!!!!!!!!!) :eek:

An automatic V6 Camry or Accord would SMOKE an auto TSX...!

1 - 20 of 77 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.