Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
, Chief SuperModerator, Marketplace
5,412 Posts
What do they do for an A14 service?

From what I remember, A services entail oil change, oil filter change, tire rotation, and check tire pressure. If this is what you need, you could do this yourself for around 30 bucks if you do all the labor.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
A:

Replace Oil/filter
Check all fluid levels
Insteadset tire pressures
Check all lights
Charging system check
Reset vehicle maintenance light

1: Rotate Tires

4:
Replace Spark plugs
inspect valve clearance
"A" is cake, discount tire does "1". And I don't see "4" being very difficult. I need the plugs, a feeler gage, torque wrench and values, and probably a gasket. Acura quoted me 500 to 550 depending on the serpentine belt.

With the belt and buying the shop manual pdf I think I can do it(4) for about $100, and probably in about the same amount of time.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Do you mean 500-550 if the belt has to be replaced?

The plugs aren't too difficult on this car. Just need a 10mm socket wrench and a 5/8" plug socket with an extension. You might as well pull the valve cover if you are going to do the plugs too. Do all of the above with the engine cold!

If you've never adjusted valve tappets before, be very careful. It's easy to go too tight on the clearance when you go to tighten the locking nut. I usually use 3 feeler gauges for each measurement. Ex: .006" spec- .005" should be loose, .006" should have some drag, .007" shouldn't fit.

Have some Permatex Ultra-Black RTV on hand to put small dabs over the splits in the head where the timing cover meets the head to prevent any oil leakage. Beer wouldn't hurt either.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.