Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And thought I'd make a quick post to get the last second low down from someone that isn't a dealer.

Are there any big red flags with this car?

Is there anything special I should make happen during the purchase?

We've owned a Civic for 10+ years and are making the jump up to Acura. We don't buy cars very often and I just want to be sure we aren't making a mistake.

Thanks in advance for your help!

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
they fixed up a lot of bugs and stuff in the 11, so not too much to worry about there. make sure you test drive it before you make your purchase. some people complained about the seats being a bit uncomfortable, i dont have that problem as well as a lot of other members, but just something to take note of.

also, if you can (or allowed to) drive a manual, test drive that. i've been told the manual is a totally different car.

enjoy!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the feedback.

Unfortunately, the TSX was not meant to be. Terrible dealership experience.

First, we haggled over price for about a day then agreed to meet in the middle. The salesman told me he'd make it happen with his boss, pull the car off the front of the lot, put a sold sign in the window, hold the keys and the car was mine. He called back about an hour and a half later to tell me the car was sold.

He then told me he found another one two states away, got me to agree to pay their full price, had his manager speak with the other manager two states over to secure the car and assured me everything was done, that I had nothing to worry about. I was coming in this morning to put money down so the car could be transported by Monday. He called at the time of my appointment (i.e., I had already made the drive across town) to tell me the car was sold and have me come to the dealership to drive a car / color they had on their lot. Effing BS.

It is too bad. I really like the car, but I am done. Maybe I'll come back and try again next spring when the inventory situation is better and the dealerships aren't bending you over (my local dealership found something close to what I wanted but insisted on > MSRP).

Anyway, nice car and great forum. Maybe I'll be back in a few months.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Man that sucks bigtime. I can relate; I ended up hating the dealer that I bought my car from, so much so that I bought out my lease early. Their service department sucked, and I just couldn't stand the BS that my salesman fed me over time.

Something will turn up for you, no doubt. Keep your head up and your eyes open for someone that is willing to let their 2nd gen go that respected the car, or like you said, wait for the inventory situation to run its course.

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
damn that's horrible. i'd be pissed too

·
Registered
14 Posts
Sometimes you need to travel to get what you want. We are going to Ohio to get our 09 TSX Red Basque Pearl W/Navi. Lowest price in the country in the color we want.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Where are u located I thinking of selling my black 09 tsx with tech package and low mileage just thought throw tht out there lol

Sent from my Droid using AutoGuide App

1 - 10 of 10 Posts