Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys!.... Yes another thread about a/c! Sooo today I get out of work and notice that my a/c was blowing hot air. It blows cold for about 10 seconds n then goes warm. I replaced my whole unit 2 years ago when the compressor made the infamous "bang" noise and took out the whole system. I'm hoping that this time since it hasn't had it's little explosion that I might have some luck with going another route with repairs. Is there anything else it could be? If I take it to the dealer it's gonna be crazy $$$ to get it fixed again... Urgggggg.

·
TSX of the Month Winner
1,037 Posts
Probably low on refridgerent .. You may have a slow leak somewhere in the system. Once you've repaired something A/C related on a car, you'll constantly have problems with it unfortunately.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Do not blindly add freon (R134a) to the system. You need to make sure that the R134a is low before doing that by using an a/c manifold. If the level is low, then you need to find the source of the leak.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well got it checked out.... compressor and everything is fine.... he said it could be electrical... the relay for the compressor is messed up.... im thinking of going to the stealership to get a new one... or any of you guys have any suggestions on where i should order it??? or any idea on the part # for it?

thanks!! :D

·
Registered
356 Posts
Hope your fix is cheap.

My A/c went out last year during a hot time. What sucks is after I fixed it a week later the cold front had came in and hardly i used the A/c. I was like WTF I wished it went out during the cold. Kool thing is I have 2 friends that work at the dealer and they both hooked it up. Got my new OEM compressor and hose's and a/c charged for $500. Compressor it self is $600

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hope your fix is cheap.

My A/c went out last year during a hot time. What sucks is after I fixed it a week later the cold front had came in and hardly i used the A/c. I was like WTF I wished it went out during the cold. Kool thing is I have 2 friends that work at the dealer and they both hooked it up. Got my new OEM compressor and hose's and a/c charged for $500. Compressor it self is $600

yeah thats what happened to me 2 years ago went out and in miami its always hot as hell!!!! but yeah i also got lucky knowing a friend who worked at acura. only problem is he doesnt work there anymore lol. but im sure a relay wont be that bad.

·
Registered
21 Posts
yeah thats what happened to me 2 years ago went out and in miami its always hot as hell!!!! but yeah i also got lucky knowing a friend who worked at acura. only problem is he doesnt work there anymore lol. but im sure a relay wont be that bad.
i think im having the same exact problem! have you got yours fixed? was it the relay? im hoping i can maybe go off your diagnosing procedure to figure out what the problem with mine is. where are the relays located? are they the black ones in the fuse box? im in Las Vegas and its freakin hot here like in Miami, only no humidity lol... im so scared for what its gonna cost :/

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i think im having the same exact problem! have you got yours fixed? was it the relay? im hoping i can maybe go off your diagnosing procedure to figure out what the problem with mine is. where are the relays located? are they the black ones in the fuse box? im in Las Vegas and its freakin hot here like in Miami, only no humidity lol... im so scared for what its gonna cost :/
well i bought the relay and so far so good. yeah the relay is located under the hood in the fuse box.
try it out... we swapped the one from the ac compressor with a the fan one (since its the same relay) to test it out at first and worked fine. my friend said it was an electrical problem and the relay wasn't working. test it out. you never know plus it would be saving a lot of $$$.

·
Registered
21 Posts
well i bought the relay and so far so good. yeah the relay is located under the hood in the fuse box.
try it out... we swapped the one from the ac compressor with a the fan one (since its the same relay) to test it out at first and worked fine. my friend said it was an electrical problem and the relay wasn't working. test it out. you never know plus it would be saving a lot of $$$.
Yeah I did give that a shot and it didn't do anything. Man, this is going to suck for me... and I'm in vegas so its burning hot here in the summer.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah I did give that a shot and it didn't do anything. Man, this is going to suck for me... and I'm in vegas so its burning hot here in the summer.
urggggg is it making a noise??? last time my ac died on me it made this big bang noise. if its blowing hot i suggest u dont use it until its checked out cuz if the compressor blows its gonna take out the whole system and thatll be worst.

·
Registered
21 Posts
urggggg is it making a noise??? last time my ac died on me it made thing big bang noise. if its blowing hot i suggest u dont use it until its checked out cuz if the compressor blows its gonna take out the whole system and thatll be worst.
its definitely blowing hot air, but the compressor clutch doesnt make the little clicking noise like its supposed to when it kicks in. wish i knew if it was the whole compressor or just the compressor clutch. im sure im in for a $400 bill or so. really blows lol

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
its definitely blowing hot air, but the compressor clutch doesnt make the little clicking noise like its supposed to when it kicks in. wish i knew if it was the whole compressor or just the compressor clutch. im sure im in for a $400 bill or so. really blows lol
yeah fixing ur ac isnt cheap. it sucks. and especially when ur in weather like ours and it goes out it blows!
either way i hope its nothing too bad!!!

·
Sleeper Status?
86 Posts
I just put a new A/C compressor, condenser and expansion valve in myself this weekend. I got the parts from discountacparts.com for a really good price. I haven't charged the system with refrigerant yet so I am hoping there are no problems. Overall, if you are good with taking things apart this isn't too complicated of an install. Much cheaper thats for sure!

·
Sleeper Status?
86 Posts
New A/C is charged and ice cold! If you have some patience, the service manual, and a few common tools you should be able to do this yourself.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Good info here guys. My wife has a TSX and it is was blowing hot air on an off. Now it is hot all the time. I will try to swap the relays and see if that does it. Otherwise I will bring it somewhere to check for leaks.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Update! Swapped relays and that worked for about a month (think it was just coincidence). The AC stopped blowing cold air altogether. Brought it to the stealership for a diagnosis and the compressor is seized. :banghead: Ordered a new compressor, clutch set and coil set solenoid (these are the parts the stealership told me needed to be replaced) from acuraoemparts.com and am waiting for them to arrive. Supposed to arrive on Monday via UPS. I will have an indy shop do the install.

·
Registered
1 Posts
A/c issue

I am having a problem with my ac. I have had 3 people that are mechanics check it out and all 3 have different opionions. I was told the compressor, the compasitor, and then something about the relay. It will blow air but only hot. I live in GA and it;s already 90 degrees here. My car is charcoal black w/ black leather interior. I am hot!!!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts