Acura TSX Forum banner

AC compressor noise

4K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  limeybstrd 
#1 ·
Hello everyone,
I just noticed that after my car stands unused for few days and when its time to turn on the AC it makes a loud knock noise just when i press the AUTO button on the climate control. Any ideas? is the compressor dying or its just loose?

#2 ·
Whatever it is, knocking from the compressor can't be good. IMO, second guessing will not provide any solutions, best to take it in and have the dealer look at it. Let us know what you find out?

Luckily, warranty should cover it.

#4 ·
Sounds like the compressor clutch may be sticking but that's only a guess. Since you live somewhere hot and sticky (no pun intended), I would take it in and have it checked.

In my experience the problem with these type of issues is they only get worse over time and when it inevitably fails... it will be somewhere inconvenient and be even more expensive.

One last thought is whether you plan on keeping the car or not. If you do, get it fixed, if not, I would still consider fixing it as anyone else buying it will offer you considerably less if isn't working right.

Good luck, hope this helps...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.