Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I have a 2005 TSX with a problem that I"m not quite sure how to explain. A few weeks ago, I noticed a problem so slight in the acceleration that I thought I was imagining it at first but has gotten more noticeable over the past few days. It feels like the acceleration (not the pedal itself) is backing off and going forward, as if I was pushing the accelerator and letting off. As I said it's very slight, and is more noticeable at slower speeds. I've been watching the mph and rpm gauges when I feel it but the needles are staying steady. Also, it seems to stop when I set the cruise control. Any thoughts or suggestions of where to start looking for a problem? Thanks.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Intermittent fault with the APP sensor in the engine bay. Can you hook up a multimeter to the connector and measure the resistance through the APP sensor's range of motion? Does it scale smoothly?

I swapped an Accord APP sensor into the TSX and it fixed the hesitation issue and the Accord runs fine with the faulty TSX APP sensor...pretty interesting.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Yes that definitely sounds like the Accelerator Pedal Position Sensor is going bad. Mine started out the same way and got progressively worse within 2 weeks. At that point it went into limp mode and I struggled just to get home by streets. It was not a fun experience. If it is the APPS then it could go in a few days or a few weeks in most cases. Some folks have had it go a little longer but when it goes the engine performance really takes a dive.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts