Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys!

While replacing my clutch, the steering rack was moved too far forward, and the splined telescoping shaft slipped out of the column. It was not until I went to test my handy work that I realized there was no steering, and had already turned the steering wheel two times... Result ripped cable reel :bill:

Acura lists their cable reel at $183 (Part#:77900-SEC-A41), while Honda lists the Accord cable reel at $85 (Part#:77900-SDA-A21).

Are these parts interchangeable?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Euro!

I ordered one on Friday from Honda. I spoke to a buddy of mine that works at a junkyard, and he said that cable reel is listed as an interchangeable part in their computer system, between the Accords and TSXs.

I hope it works- there's no returns on electrical parts.

·
DC2 to CL9
85 Posts
I know there is a thread here documenting the interchangeable parts. Perhaps it is listed there already, and if it isn't, it should be. Crazy how these parts are marked up so high compared to the Honda parts, but I'm glad for the forum for this information. Let us know how it works out BB.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I know there is a thread here documenting the interchangeable parts. Perhaps it is listed there already, and if it isn't, it should be. Crazy how these parts are marked up so high compared to the Honda parts, but I'm glad for the forum for this information. Let us know how it works out BB.
Will do zigen!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sorry about the delay guys, life's been crazy here. I finally got the chance to install this the cable reel, and it fits like a glove- it's exactly the same.

Thanks again for the input!

·
fresh to death
2,643 Posts
so thankful for you posting this...i was about to pay $180 for a new reel....glad to know the accord one works for $100 cheaper

+rep

·
DC2 to CL9
85 Posts
Good news! Were you able to find that thread? Or did you just go for it? I can't seem to find the thread with interchangeable parts. Probably using the wrong key words. :scratch:

·
Registered
111 Posts
Good news! Were you able to find that thread? Or did you just go for it? I can't seem to find the thread with interchangeable parts. Probably using the wrong key words. :scratch:
Bump....

any update for this information YET.. Only the info stated in the quote..

·
My car whines
637 Posts
The accord reel worked with no problems in my 04 tsx non navi. And according to the OP, it also worked for his 06 tsx.

Below are the 3 different srs reels used in the 03-07 accord and 04-08 tsx. From what I can tell, there is no reason why the accord reel won't work with an 04-05 tsx with navi because acura lists the same p/n for both the 04-05 tsx navi and non-navi. The 06-08 tsx with navi seems to be the odd one. Perhaps it is really different but there's no way of telling other than to compare it with the accord reel...

03-07 Accord Reel (both navi and non-navi) P/N:
77900-SDA-A21 <- Confirmed working for 04-08 tsx non navi : $122.17

These are the acura P/N:
77900-SEC-A41 <- 04-05 tsx navi and non-navi + 06-08 tsx non-navi: $247.80
77900-SEC-A51 <- 06-08 tsx navi: $224.92

Kind of sneaky for honda to essentially sell the same part under different part #'s for double the price...

·
Registered
111 Posts
Good shit. Great info. bout to get 1 for 87.90 plus Acura is just like the U.S, They steal other peoples stuff and mrk prices up sky high. But the U.S is known for stealin everything from everybody. Take the Pilgrims and Indians for example... We love stealing shit and making it ours...

·
Registered
264 Posts
I should have been clear... the difference I was talking about is the price and my question was toward the 06-08 NAVI SRS reel (A51). Sorry about that and thanks for the answer.

·
My car whines
637 Posts
I should have been clear... the difference I was talking about is the price and my question was toward the 06-08 NAVI SRS reel (A51). Sorry about that and thanks for the answer.
Don't quote me on this but I honestly think that you would be fine with using the accord srs reel for 06-08 navi. The 03-07 accord navi uses the exact same part # as the non-navi and we also know that the same reel is compatible with the 06-08 tsx MID controls.

·
Registered
35 Posts

Did you end up buying the A51 reel or did you go with the Honda part number A21?

please let me know.

thanks,

·
Registered
35 Posts
I called my local honda they gave me a price for the following:

77900-SDA-A21 (07 Honda Accord) $125.00 minus 25%

77900-SEC-A51 (this is the type of car I have) 06-08 tsx navi:

$224.92 minus 10%

will the A21(honda) work with my car?

·
Registered
309 Posts
bump for info for others who need a clock spring. A51 is on national back order, with no ETA from honda and nobody in the dealer network has one in stock. i emailed 20 different dealers before one told me he checked inventory across all dealers showing none available. I tried the $120 chinese made one from ebay, and it wasn't pinned properly for the A51 navigation 06-08 harness. Don't waste your money, doubt they'll refund me. I'm pretty much shit out of luck until Honda can replenish stock. meanwhile i have no lights on my wheel, horn doesn't work, info button doesn't work, and i can't set the speed on cruise control. Volume and mode works at least. If anyone comes across a A51 clock spring, used or new let me know. i've been dealing with this for close to a year now.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts