Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
TSX of the Month Winner
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ziggys Hot Rods from Newcastle, Australia has put together a Accord Euro/TSX using the highest quality components and products available to acheive a killer look whilst still retaining the distinctive styling of the Euro/TSX. The project is called the Accord Euro Z-Spec or EuroZ for short.
Being the premier Australian dealer for Budnik wheels, Budnik Grid 5's in 18 x 8 where custom built for perfect fitment, wrapped in Falken Ziex rubber in 235/40/18 and fitted in each corner. Lowering using an Eibach prokit gave the car a more aggresive stance whilst retaining the excellent ride quality that the Honda is renowned for. This combination not only looks great but improves the handling of the vehicle substantialy.
Body styling was dramatically improved with the addition of the Honda OEM bodykit underbody sections. The windows tinted to complement the look of the car. The sunroof glass was also tinted using an extremelly dark tint film. Billet aluminium exhaust tips were then manufactured to finish off the external look of EuroZ.
The interior changes were limited to the fitment of a Momo Combat Evo Wood gear knob and the changing of the rear speakers to Kenwood units. There is not much to improve upon when you start with such an excellent product.
The Nighthawk Black paint of EuroZ was then painstakingly given a full showcar Meguiar's treatment to give it the Killer Shine only Meguiar's products can acheive.
Ziggys Hot Rods are designers, creators and fabricators of truly unique, individually crafted handmade Automotive statements built to the highest level of fit, finish and detail. Check out our website at www.ziggyshotrods.com

I will attach more photo's of EuroZ in the Gallery section of the forum. Check them out.

Attachments

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
EuroZ said:
.....Ziggys Hot Rods are designers, creators and fabricators of truly unique, individually crafted handmade Automotive statements built to the highest level of fit, finish and detail......
Wow! I think a lot of people are going to be panting breathlessly over not only the great pic (beautiful!) but also just the idea of Ziggy's. If I understand it right, Ziggy's sort of makes "stock non-stock" cars -- I mean, they do slight mass-production of certain types of modded cars, right???

BTW anybody know if there's anything like Ziggy's in North America?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Darn it!

Just when I had convinced myself never to get a black TSX along comes a picture like this.

I will probably get Silver TSX with ebony interior. But pictures like this just make me sallivate.

Black is just a nightmare to keep clean. In fact, I was focusing on black cars in a parking lot today. I looked in pain at all the dirt that shows and those UNAVOIDABLE swirl marks that you can see in just about every black car under direct sunlight.

but then I thought about this

Black is indeed beautiful. I have a painful decision in front of me.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
1,003 Posts
Carlos8542222 said:
hey i just noticed another thing!

On that Ziggy Hot Rods picture, the ENTIRE door handles seem to be made of chrome as oppossed to just part of it like in the regular TSX. Is that right?
Good catch, great minds think alike. I just posted the same question (before seeing yours) ;)

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
Carlos8542222 said:
hey i just noticed another thing!

On that Ziggy Hot Rods picture, the ENTIRE door handles seem to be made of chrome as oppossed to just part of it like in the regular TSX.....
You know, although I didn't exactly realize that, it was a big part of what made the car look so sharp to me.

Although truly it's real nice "the regular way" too.

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Carlos8542222 said:
That is my car you've got pictured there (not literally)... it looked like that after washing, waxing, and cleaning the interior Saturday..... it looked like that until today, when it rained.

Definitely a pain in the ass to keep clean, but damn it looks good when it is ;)

·
Registered
138 Posts
Then just get carbon grey pearl :)

-Alt

Carlos8542222 said:
Darn it!

Just when I had convinced myself never to get a black TSX along comes a picture like this.

I will probably get Silver TSX with ebony interior. But pictures like this just make me sallivate.

Black is just a nightmare to keep clean. In fact, I was focusing on black cars in a parking lot today. I looked in pain at all the dirt that shows and those UNAVOIDABLE swirl marks that you can see in just about every black car under direct sunlight.

but then I thought about this

·
TSX of the Month Winner
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
EuroZ

Thanks to all for the comments, do I take it that everybody likes the way that the car has ended up looking. I get lots of comments from people of all ages that they like it.
Larchmont, Ziggys does not do any level of production run of cars. Primarily Ziggys builds individual handbuilt cars, usually one off, to a customers specifications and requirements. Have a look at our website and you will get more of an idea, www.ziggyshotrods.com
EuroZ is my daily drive car, and is an example of the style of makeover that Ziggys could do on any late model car to a customers wishes. The whole outline of EuroZ was done on paper before anything was purchased to ensure we got it right. It shows one direction that could be taken with a Euro/TSX to achieve a particular look. I also like the TSX of InspireS, white car with carbon fibre bonnet and 18's, it gives the car a real racer look. The same car, similar modifications 18's, suspension and bodykit, but by using different colours and wheel styles achieves a totally different look. Park the two cars side by side and a lot of people would not realise they were the same car. That is what car modificatiions are all about, individualism.
The door handles are, as you have probably gathered, just the standard items. No extra chroming was done. There has been a lot of comments in the auto media in Australia about the look of the door handles. In a recent auto awards they got "Door handles of the year" what an honour!
To those who are cautious about getting black as it is hard to keep clean, don't be. Load it up with Meguiars Gold Class wax and it is pretty easy to keep looking great. Altersys, you can get rid of the swirl marks but it means using the right products. A lot of people use compounds that are too severe or a lot of the time use chamois that actually cause scratching, hence swirl marks.
In Australia the exterior you choose dictates the interior colour. If you get a black car you get ebony interior. If you pick carbon grey or silver you get black interior. There are no choices. Personally I think the black interior is too dark for the car. The combo of black/ebony is a sensational contrast and it was always going to look great with a set of polished billet Budnik wheels on it. We were chasing a VIP look, similar to a pimp or bling bling look, but a bit more style and class. Did we get it right? Keep the comments coming.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
Re: EuroZ

EuroZ said:
Thanks all for the comments, do I take it that everybody likes the way that the car has ended up looking. I get lots of comments from people of all ages that they like it.
Yes, I think that's a pretty sure thing. And btw I guess I'm an example of "of all ages" if you know what I mean. :D
.....Ziggys does not do any level of production run of cars. Primarily Ziggys builds individual handbuilt cars, usually one off, to a customers specifications and requirements.
Even better.
..... "Door handles of the year"
Before seeing those pics I would have thought such an idea was ridiculous.
.....Keep the comments coming.
Keep the pics coming, if you feel like it!

BTW I wish this dude wrote all the instruction manuals in the world.
Is he clear or what? :reading:

·
Oops. I, uh, did it again
39 Posts
Re: EuroZ

EuroZ said:
The whole outline of EuroZ was done on paper before anything was purchased to ensure we got it right. It shows one direction that could be taken with a Euro/TSX to achieve a particular look.
The car looks great—don't get me wrong. But from the photos, you added wheels, lowering springs, and fog lights. That seems like stuff most of can do (and have).

As Peggy Lee said, is that all there is?

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
Bullfrog is right, I think.
But I think there are many people who would pay to have it done for them and to have the car be that way from the git-go.

Also we like those pics. :D

Peggy Lee?? :D :D :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.