APR: 4.78%

Buyers Age Range:
16-35 46.1%
36-55 39.1%
56-plus 14.7%

Ratio:
Male 56.4%
Female 43.6%
Thanks, OWK -- very, very interesting data.

I don't think anybody had any REAL idea about these things before.

Age ranges and gender ratios particularly interesting.

Gender: There had been a little controversy about that. Most projections that we saw from Honda/Acura were estimating 60:40 male, and these data are in line with that. But some people were speculating the opposite, or even more of a landslide in that other direction, including one notorious review from about a year ago that pissed off females and males alike.

·
The Voice of Reason
1,481 Posts
I went back and looked at the entire WSJ sidebar .... they said the average TSX stays on the dealer's lot for 16 days - SAME as a Mini Cooper. Now THAT's impressive, IMO!

·
Registered
48 Posts
larchmont said:
Thanks, OWK -- very, very interesting data.

I don't think anybody had any REAL idea about these things before.

Age ranges and gender ratios particularly interesting.

Gender: There had been a little controversy about that. Most projections that we saw from Honda/Acura were estimating 60:40 male, and these data are in line with that. But some people were speculating the opposite, or even more of a landslide in that other direction, including one notorious review from about a year ago that pissed off females and males alike.
Being the legal speed limit in most places (not on the interstate--55), I don't feel too bad. Even when my former best man continually challenges me to a drag race (he has a Pontiac Gran Prix GTP with a pushrod engine and absolutely no handling that any of us would consider fulfilling). He also says mine is a girl's color (he prefers black--typical of aging males unsure of their masculinity :)) with only a four-banger. Gawd, I love America. Only country where old age is not respected by aged Americans...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts