Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Looking to buy a 1st Gen TSX (07/08) or 3rd gen TL (07/08), and sell my 07 Si. I like both!
Just want the 6 speed manual in whatever one I get. Which one, and why?
Thanks!

·
Registered
341 Posts
Handling wise, I would go with a 1st gen TSX.

07/08 is considered 1st gen.

Power and comfort, TL.

Depends on your driving pattern.

·
Somaek juseyo?
1,291 Posts
Looking to buy a 2nd Gen TSX (07/08) or 3rd gen TL (07/08), and sell my 07 Si. I like both!
Just want the 6 speed manual in whatever one I get. Which one, and why?
Thanks!
This is a ridiculous question to ask in a TSX forum. You're going to get biased answers, unless you're asking because that's what you want to hear and deep down, you want the TSX anyway.

Basically:

TL: Faster in a straight line
TSX: Handles better corners

Can't go wrong with either one. Both have avian-like characteristics, from the grill and headlights to the taillight designs, which I really like. I love my TSX but I might have gotten a 3rd gen TL-S if my mom didn't have an '08 TL. Looking back though, I'm glad I got the TSX. I think it looks better (slightly) and is smaller, easier to maneuver.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies. I lean toward the tsx anyway. I drive pretty fast when I can, and have to find a 6 speed manual 1st gen Tsx. I like the smaller size, handling, and looks of the tsx. I like both the looks of the tsx and tl. I like the greater hp and torque in the TL, but I will add Hondata Flashpro and get it tuned, along with probably new alloy wheels. Your tsx above looks good man!

·
Registered
176 Posts
haha :rollsmile
So Velocifero WAS right. You did want the TSX deep down inside and was just looking for confirmation :rofl:

·
Registered
341 Posts
haha :rollsmile
So Velocifero WAS right. You did want the TSX deep down inside and was just looking for confirmation :rofl:
So true.... :jump: Partly why I am on this forum first when I am debating between a TSX and TL.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Well, as you might already know, if you're looking at the 6MT version, you will get more acceleration and usable power over the automatic. (0-60 6.9 -7.3 seconds for 6MT vs. 7.7-8.2 for automatic.) The stick allows for better use of the engine's powerband...and just as important, the special magnesium transfer case makes the MT car lighter. Hondata or Flashpro will help, too.

·
My car whines
637 Posts
6MT tl type s! :drool1:

·
Registered
109 Posts
tsx cuz its made in japan and not based off of NA accord

·
Registered
347 Posts
I tried both and chose the TSX because it was the more nimble of the two cars. Now that I have a Miata I wouldn't mind the awesome power of the TL's V6.

·
Registered
64 Posts
As someone mentioned earlier, the forum here is biased -- most of us have a TSX.

But with regard to an unbiased group of people who are paid to drive and rate cars, I like to point out Car and Driver magazine's take on this. They awarded the first gen TSX the "Ten Best Cars" award three years in a row. (2004, 2005, 2006). The third gen TL did not win, and was not even nominated.

They have the award issues online (search their site), and you can read exactly why they loved the TSX.

·
Somaek juseyo?
1,291 Posts
Your tsx above looks good man!
Muchas grassy ass! :rice:
As someone mentioned earlier, the forum here is biased -- most of us have a TSX.

But with regard to an unbiased group of people who are paid to drive and rate cars, I like to point out Car and Driver magazine's take on this. They awarded the first gen TSX the "Ten Best Cars" award three years in a row. (2004, 2005, 2006). The third gen TL did not win, and was not even nominated.

They have the award issues online (search their site), and you can read exactly why they loved the TSX.
I'm usually the first to bring this up when debating between the two as the definitive reason for choosing the TSX over the TL. But I forgot to this time, thanks for bringing it up. The reasoning for the TL's exclusion was because of it's torque-steer heavy FWD design.

·
Registered
64 Posts
"I'm usually the first to bring this up when debating between the two as the definitive reason for choosing the TSX over the TL. But I forgot to this time, thanks for bringing it up. The reasoning for the TL's exclusion was because of it's torque-steer heavy FWD design."

Bingo. That's the reasoning I recall seeing as well.

My pleasure. (Good to see someone else appreciated those awards...they were instrumental in convincing me to buy my 06 TSX way back when...and I usually bring this up in another forum.) The other pertinent thing that the Car & Driver editors said each year in the "Ten Best" awards write-up was that they absolutely loved the 6MT version of the TSX and recommended it over the auto, (saying it was so precise and smooth that a surgeon's scalpel would be jealous)...thought I'd throw that in, since the OP was considering a 6MT.

·
Registered
422 Posts
My pleasure. (Good to see someone else appreciated those awards...they were instrumental in convincing me to buy my 06 TSX way back when...and I usually bring this up in another forum.) The other pertinent thing that the Car & Driver editors said each year in the "Ten Best" awards write-up was that they absolutely loved the 6MT version of the TSX and recommended it over the auto, (saying it was so precise and smooth that a surgeon's scalpel would be jealous)...thought I'd throw that in, since the OP was considering a 6MT.
one of the biggest reasons why i wanted a tsx since i found out about it back in 2003... when i saw how the car was included over and over again the c&d's 10 best i knew i had to have the car. before that i wanted an accord... well, in a way, i still do have an accord i guess ;)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks for the replies...I may have found a 2008 M/T black in color TSX. I already know I can use hondata Flashpro for the tune, and maybe some wheels, cold air intake, and race header (I am coming from the 07 Civic Si 6 M/T)...

·
Somaek juseyo?
1,291 Posts
I forgot where I heard this, but Car and Driver called the TSX the best handling FWD car since the 5th gen relude SH. I can't find the quote though.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I actually went through both cars.

Had 2005 TSX for 2 years. After that, 2007 TL TypeS till 2009 when I traded TL for a Infiniti. But last year, I bought 2008 TSX again rather than the TL.

Both wasnt stock

Just everything is right for me with the first gen TSX. It feels little underpowered compared to the TL, but I never used its full power during the commutes in town. Plus I only got 18~19mpg vs 25~26mpg average on the TSX.

TSX is much more nimble, sharper on corners. Interior space on par with the bigger TL (seems TL is only wider space wise). Better mpg. Exterior design that never gets old (could be only for me on this). More aftermarket support.

Silver one on the right is my '08 TSX

·
Registered
28 Posts
Thanks for the replies...I may have found a 2008 M/T black in color TSX. I already know I can use hondata Flashpro for the tune, and maybe some wheels, cold air intake, and race header (I am coming from the 07 Civic Si 6 M/T)...
Oh man I'm so jealous, when I was shopping for my TSX, I could not for the life of me find a 6MT model. Good luck!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts