Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have to ask, since I have had only driven two Acura's now. I drove an '07 TL-S manual at the dealer last weekend and it had the same clutch woes as my '04 TSX does. Feathery, drives me nuts. You let the clutch out and the engine rolls over on the mounts giving a feather feel in the clutch like the engine is going to die. On my TSX I put in a short shifter and an Engine Torque Dampner and it got rid of most of that feeling. Is this fairly common on Acura's?

·
Registered
976 Posts
The stock clutch is really soft but it never felt like engine was gonna die! Seems more like driver error to me.. I always use to get consistent shifts from a stop and on the go. Now when I upgraded the clutch and Flywheel that's when I had my clutch woes. The very short and quick clamping of the clutch/pedal had me have to learn how to drive with the new hardware.

·
, Moderator, Performance
2,513 Posts
our oem tsxs have a unsprung clutch and a sprung flywheel, this is because our clutches have an auto adjustment feature which keeps the clutch petal in the same spot all the time....

I think this is retarded because than you dont know when your clutch is gonna go bad:/

anyways it makes it easier to drive and makes it feel smooth, but for most of us that want that harsh connected feel you gotta get a new flywheel and clutch and itll solve it;)

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
our oem tsxs have a unsprung clutch and a sprung flywheel, this is because our clutches have an auto adjustment feature which keeps the clutch petal in the same spot all the time....

I think this is retarded because than you dont know when your clutch is gonna go bad:/

anyways it makes it easier to drive and makes it feel smooth, but for most of us that want that harsh connected feel you gotta get a new flywheel and clutch and itll solve it;)

Good to know, thanks for the info!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts