Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
3,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Auto123

Spied: 2010 Acura Sport CUV
A still-unnamed prototype shown here with a digital illustration was spotted for the first time this past summer and based on all the photos accumulated (as well as a few knowledgeable sources), we are speculating - contrary to the camouflaged disguise - that this will have so-called coupe-like styling (similar to BMW's X6).

We also believe this CUV may be riding on the same chassis as the freshly-debuted 2009 TL. This would probably mean similar, if not identical, powertrain setups.

·
Poor lil' student
635 Posts
+1 to the looks like a Bimmer X6 = S

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
YUMMY! When do those go on sale? If it has SH-AWD and a turbo4 or v6, I'm all in baby!

·
I love my CL9!
4,068 Posts
I think it looks ok but I don't know about it's practicality. It's not big enough to haul stuff around in, and if I didn't need the cargo space, I'd just get a sedan.

·
Registered
3,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Production

My guess would be that this vehicle is too far along in development to stop production now but given the current market, it is probably not going to do well. BMW X6 sells ~250/month & I would not expect Acura's to do much better.

Maybe they will surprise us w/ a diesel or a hybrid or something ...

·
flashprroooooo!!!
2,660 Posts
i don't think it's THAT bad looking. but the CX-7/9 comparison from the back....i can definitely see it.

i wouldn't personally get it myself. i don't see how it fits in acura's line-up either. but i guess if they're just trying to roll out new models in an effort to get to that teir-1 status, then hey. sure.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
5,757 Posts
I don't like it. I am not a fan of these newcrossovers. I hate the X6 looks, what is that vehicle suppose to be? It has a really big identity crisis!

Is this going to debut at the NYC Autoshow in April? Is Honda still bringing the Accord wagon? They had test mules a while back, but is it coming soon?

·
3,913 Posts
Seems like an answer in search of a question...

If you want a sports car, get a sports car or sports sedan. If you want an SUV, get an SUV to actually haul stuff around in. Want both? Well, I guess it's nice to have a choice in this segment, but from a business point of view it's a pretty narrow segment so I'm not sure what the business case here is. I'd rather have the Infiniti EX if I were in this market myself.

·
flashprroooooo!!!
2,660 Posts
yeah, there's no way this is going to be even close to the pricing point of the venza. that accord CUV will be the direct competitor to the venza.

·
Registered
2,790 Posts
i think the front headlights look really similar to the cx9s..not a fan of this car, but it will be useful for some people..i'd still take the rdx/mdx over it.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts