Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
n00b4ever
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
*Edited after my initial concern

I had an issue with this dealership but since then they have done their best to resolve and have done their due diligence to provide my satisfaction.
It seems they do care about customer satisfaction and my concerns.
They have always been cordial in person and on the phone.

·
" It Is What It Is "
7,490 Posts
go to park ave acura in maywood nj... they have excellent customer service and will work with you and dont bullshit u... ask for dan service manager

·
Registered
976 Posts
I hope you took hi res pictures to show them that there is no wear or issues with the clutch and that you will report it to the BBB if you have to pay for that labor.

·
Scientisting since 2005
1,232 Posts
bridgewater acura and open road acura in east brunswick gave me great service...

sucks to hear man, they nailed me $150 just to get my navi code, wont go back

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
sorry to hear that. I try to take my tsx to Lehigh Valley Acura in Emmaus,Pa. They are excellent. I pass Ocean, Bridgewater and Clinton Acura to get there. It is worth it. Go to dealerrater website and read their reviews.

·
, Administrator, TOTM Coordinator
6,858 Posts
Yeah.. Acura Dealerships.. Suck A$$.. I've had my fair share of terrible experiences with them..

·
Registered
4 Posts
I don’t doubt Soobins27s story and I have yet to find any car care people I trust but I have done OK with Acura of Ocean for the past six years.

My 06 RSX was just turning 150,000 miles and I took it to them for front brakes (original brakes) and a full once over.

I was sure they were going to try to sell me a clutch (also original) or some other high end item. They said I should probably do rear brakes (again original) and a battery that I knew I needed, and air filter. I let them do everything and I got huge bill but they did a good job on the brakes and they didn't try to talk me into something I didn't need.

That doesn’t make them competent but at least in my dealings with them they never tried to beat me.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I don’t doubt Soobins27s story and I have yet to find any car care people I trust but I have done OK with Acura of Ocean for the past six years.

My 06 RSX was just turning 150,000 miles and I took it to them for front brakes (original brakes) and a full once over.

I was sure they were going to try to sell me a clutch (also original) or some other high end item. They said I should probably do rear brakes (again original) and a battery that I knew I needed, and air filter. I let them do everything and I got huge bill but they did a good job on the brakes and they didn't try to talk me into something I didn't need.

That doesn’t make them competent but at least in my dealings with them they never tried to beat me.

You got a huge bill...that seems to be the issue.

Aaaand, you should learn to do brakes yourself. They are super easy.

·
Registered
4 Posts
You got a huge bill...that seems to be the issue.

Aaaand, you should learn to do brakes yourself. They are super easy.

I don't think the huge bill is the issue. We all know that dealer rates are high. The question is with dealer experience and in this case Acura of Ocean.

Is Acura of Ocean competent and or do they do un-needed repairs. In soobin27s case both could be true. In my case I have seen they don't try to do un-needed work and they have done a good job with "super-easy" things like brakes.

As for learning how to do brakes I have done them long ago and truth is I would rather not do them now. I do change my own oil and filters and rotate my tires but thats it. I just don't feel comfortabe anymore with things like brakes.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts