Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know anything about this? My dealer knows nothing about it, even though it is plainly contained in a new TSX Accessories brochure. It looks to be a variant of an Alpine system. What does it cost? Does it use FM Mod or direct connect? Is it integrated with the steering wheel controls? Thanks!

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
My dealer wanted $1200 installed. It was the alpine unit installed in the ashtray area of the center console. I got mine done at Best Buy this past weekend for $250. I purchsed the XM Commander and they installed it for $86 in the ashtray area as a second head unit.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool. Is yours using FM Modulation? Where did you mount the antenna? How do you like the XM Commander?

I found out from another site that the Acura XM radio uses FM Mod, and at $1200, definitely qualifies as ridiculously overpriced. I mean, for that price, how hard would it be for Acura to at least use a direct connection?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Long-time reader, first time poster...I do not own a TSX, but hope to by this Fall. I am still undecided about everything including color, nav., and tranny. I am going to wait and decide between the '04 and '05 when the time comes that they are both around.

What are the chances Acura will add the XM radio as standard equipment into the TSX for the 2005 model year? (only 3 months away) They did for the TL and Accord last year...I'm thinking its a pretty good chance. Other opinions?

·
, Moderator Emeritus
8,663 Posts
I think there is a really good chance they would add it on the TSX next year. Wasn't there talk that they want to have XM standard on all cars at a certain time?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts