Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
acura has this protection package for your car, which does some protective paint coating, leather protection crap, and they spray under the car to protect from rust, salt..blah blah blah.
im not planning to buy it but i was wondering if anyone else bought it and how muchit costs...

also i wouldnt mind getting just the undercoat for my car, since it rains like hell in vancouver... just some extra protection in the long run... anyone know where in greater vancouver i can get that undercoat stuff done? thanks

·
TSX of the Month Winner
5,350 Posts
1. u don't need undercoat... the stock coating is hard and thick enough for the car to last 20 years I would say **IN VANCOUVER**. adding undercoat = make urself feel more comfortable... a bit more quiet interior... more (excessive?) protection... heavier.

2. even if u want to do it, don't get it from acura. U can find someone to do it for a better price. Acura dealer sub-contract to other people to do it as well... so it is the same if u find the right person. :)

good luck :)

·
, Moderator Emeritus
3,158 Posts
1. i semi don't agree with sazabi. i'd get it.... only less than 100 bucks... less than 2 tanks
of gas.. why not.

2. yes don't get it from acura... if u want to know where, pm me.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I bought my car with the entire DiamondKote protection package and it was around $620 after tax. You can get it done for much cheaper from other shops though compared to what I paid at the dealership. I'd say go for it.

·
Non-Registered User
1,441 Posts
NeoChaser said:
1. i semi don't agree with sazabi. i'd get it.... only less than 100 bucks... less than 2 tanks
of gas.. why not.

2. yes don't get it from acura... if u want to know where, pm me.
Considering that your in Kelowna I see where you are coming from.

but i spray rust inhibitor like every 1 to 2 weeks so I "should" be fine :nervous:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts