Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whelp, had everything lined up to do this simple and relatively cheap upgrade. Went to put on my new 18x9.5 et.40 wheels and they just won't clear the calipers without a spacer. Too much of a lip.

Hopefully someone else can put these to use. Calipers have been cleaned up, just need to spray them down with brake cleaner befor paint (if doing so).

***PRICE UPDATE 5/18*** Prices are FIRM!:
RL calipers- $300
Custom brackets For TSX/accords-$160

Shipping will be roughly $25
Shipping to CANADA= $62 for shipping/customs/duty taxes and such

**needed for swap. 2005 350Z rotors (brembo), brake pads (EBC has options), and SS lines if you want (you CAN use your stock lines)**

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Bump for a great deal, please post pics when installed to whoever buys this.. maybe a DIY for the community.
Thanks! It IS a relatively cheap brake upgrade and I have the hard pieces to get.

BUMP!

mmmmmm interesting to be that you can put photos and would look at the tsx:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:
Huh? Lol

Someone snatch these up!

·
Registered
856 Posts
Would love these, but tied up in Brembos, ex. mani and bracing for my WRX at the moment. Cool upgrade though, will have to put it in my notes.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I need roughly another 8-10mm spacer. You see a +40 offset in my wheel would have been fine, its the fact that my wheel is 9.5" wide and with a concave spoke design. When you have a lower offset, but increase the width of the wheel, it changes everything.

In my honest opinion, you should have zero issues.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
wondering if these would fit 18x9.5+35..... i have spokey wheels too lol enkei raijin
WAY more likely than my own, id slap a spacer on mine to clear the calipers except im using a 235 tire up front...not a whole lot of fender to work with.

anyhow, 18x9.5+40 NT03 wont work only because the spokes sit IN from the outer lip of the wheel AND my spoke face is concave with the width of the spokes getting wider (depth) towards the hub.

i looked up your wheels...great chance at them fitting with no spacer, but i can't confirm. you know the design of your wheels better than i do. You'll need roughly 60mm from the rotor surface to the thickest part of the spoke on your wheel (when mounted, obviously).

1 - 20 of 43 Posts