Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I have checked for similar posts and found no helpful answer.

I have a AT Acura Tsx 2007 and would like to get some help pin pointing where the problem might be coming from.

I have a lot of vibration in the cabin when i am in D or R at a stop. All engine mounts are brand new and hydraullic. Brand new Interstate battery. New engine oil (full synthetic). New power steering pump. New pully, new timing belt. All 4 times are brand new just recently bought. Car was vibrating before getting all these new parts and is vibrating even more now. Engine seems to work just fine when driving. No real significant shake can be seen when looking at the engine, but all the vibration goes to the cabin. My steering wheel and seats vibrate like they have never before and its getting to a point where its making me feel sick. I cannot figure out what the problem is. Can anyone give suggestions? Any help will be appreciated. The car never vibrated this bad before, when i got it at 76K miles it was smooth as butter in the cabin, at 118k its like i am getting a back massage from the vibration.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Just in D or R, not in Park? If it's the engine mounts, the vibration would still be there if your engine were running at all at a stop. What about Neutral?

And apparently, the vibration goes away under load (car is in motion)? I would say that's concerning, too. Physical engine related issues (like belt/pulley tensioner stuff) make noise or rattle in Neutral or when the car is at rest and you run the engine. If it only happens under load while driving it might suggest a drivetrain/transmission or exhaust system issue, but here you'd have the opposite, that it goes away while under load.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey Guys!

I appreciate some feedback. So the car vibrates very lightly in park and feels like a light vibration in neutral as well, but as soon as i go into drive or reserve its like an earthquake. I got the first left side mount install and the car was vibrating more than usual, but when i got the other 2 install, it really started to shake. Going from neutral or park into drive or reverse almost feels like someone pushes the car for that one second, like its a rough shift. When driving, i can only feel it vibrate on that initial push and after that no vibration at all. smooth ride. I believe the mounts that were installed say WES on it, not sure what company that is or if its even any good, the shop is telling me they got the best OEM mounts install but i think they are lying, if its OEM why does it say WES on the side of the mount. Car does not make any noise or rattle at all, the drive sounds a bit louder than usual, like more outside noise coming into the cabin. From outside the engine seems perfectly fine and doesn't shake much, but i get all the vibration in the cabin. I am thinking its the mount, but i cant be certain because the shop is telling me the mounts are perfect. The car mostly only vibrates at a stop when emergency break is pulled or my foot is on the break pedal.

·
Registered
219 Posts
If engine mounts are not acura genuine cabin will vibrate like crazy ,even "hydraulics" aftermarket.
Yeah, I missed this detail. What are "hydraulic" engine mounts?

First, check out this thread from 5-6 years ago:

https://www.tsxclub.com/forums/1st-...does-hydraulic-front-engine-mount-matter.html

And then let's review the key bits of what you have said:

• "when i got it at 76K miles it was smooth as butter in the cabin"
  • You've put in "brand new" hydraulic engine mounts, battery, PS pump, pulley, timing belt
  • "Car was vibrating before getting all these new parts and is vibrating even more now"
  • "at 118k [miles] its like i am getting a back massage from the vibration"
  • "I got the first left side mount install and the car was vibrating more than usual, but when i got the other 2 install, it really started to shake"

If your car at 76K miles was smooth, then started having vibration issues which caused you to replace the engine mounts, and now they're terrible, and none of the other things you replaced really have anything to do with vibration like you described, I think this is where you should look.

EDIT: Why did you replace "left side first", when replacing engine mounts shouldn't all of them get replaced at the same time?

I am thinking its the mount, but i cant be certain because the shop is telling me the mounts are perfect. The car mostly only vibrates at a stop when emergency break is pulled or my foot is on the break pedal.
The mounts themselves may be "perfect" (OEM or otherwise) but not installed well or correctly; or perhaps they were installed correctly, and are simply not functioning right (i.e., they should be replaced under warranty).

The shadiest part about this is that your shop is saying "the mounts are fine" and refusing to do anything else, when clearly they are not. It suggests they know they did a bad job, one way or the other (not using OEM parts when they said they did, or installing it badly and not owning up to it, or a combination of both, like they used parts that are not covered by warranty (salvage?), and they don't want to replace/fix it on their own money and time).

Have they even offered any other explanation for what you're experiencing, after they put all that stuff in your car? "Yeah we did all that and your car vibrates now, but it's not related to anything we did, and we have no explanation for what is going on, please go away?"

·
Registered
17 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
New timing belt- chain*? Was the oil pump chain/balance shaft chain removed?

The hydraulic mounts have a vacuum switching valve and engine vacuum required to operate correctly. You’d need to test for vacuum at the mounts in R and D

·
Registered
1 Posts
My 04 tsx had the same problem vibrations engine light gradual loss power almost dont notice the loss then one day it had 0 power flooerd it and something pluged exhaust.cat came apart due to oil consumption car didnt smoke had a cat just used some oil 1qt week
After it passed the parts of the cat got my power back no engine light and no vibrations

·
Registered
717 Posts
Stay with genuine Acura engine mounts, at least the front and rear ones. Also, you should check the transmission mounts. The upper one is blocked by its own bracket, so you can only see it partially. But if you see torn rubber, then chances are the mount is bad. The two lower mounts are easy to check.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts