Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, so far, I've checked the fuses and the connections, and they seem fine. My radio works OK, and so does my CD player.

My only problem is that I can't see anything on the navigation screen. I checked the DVD system, and I can't tell if there is even a CD inside because when I hit it jacked, nothing happens. Here's a video I recorded when I was trying to open up the DVD player. So now I'm wondering if it's an issue with the navigation or with the review. But then I'm thinking that if it were the DVD player, I would assume the navigation would still turn on and tell me there was some sort of error, right?

But it's not even doing that… I then stumbled on this thread, and it gave me some hope...

But then I read this statement, and now I am confused if these fixes are only for radio:

"In some audio units, a component failure on the PCB (printed circuit board) could cause the audio display to become dark or dim and prevent the audio/HVAC panel buttons from illuminating. On vehicles with navigation systems, this condition does not affect the display, but the navigation panel buttons do not illuminate."

Any help is much appreciated. Winter is getting closer and colder. Without navigation, I can't turn on the heater, so I'm getting a bit desperate.

I'm OK with buying a nav system, but I don't want to end up getting one and then find out it was the DVD system that was busted instead.

THANK YOU!

DVD Won't Eject

·
Registered
9 Posts
Thanks for making the video! I ended up dropping one of the screws behind the liner.. had to remove more liner.. I bought one off of eBay for $150 with the 4 digit nav code. Waiting to get it in the mail to replace mine in the 2005 RL. Great job!
snaptube vidmate word to pdf

1 - 2 of 2 Posts