Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I bought 6 months ago a new TSX 2012. When I pressed the button VSA located over my left knee and under the driving wheel, the color orange was turned on meaning the VSA is off, and a sign is displayed on the dash board. The car lights setting was put as Automatic.

However, 1 month after, my car had a battery/ABS problem, went to dealer and they said the battery died so they replaced it.

But since then, the VSA button doesn't really turn on anymore and the only way to turn it on is to open the car lights. But the light color is white??

I am not talking about the signal on the dash board, I am talking about the button you press (touch) over your knees. (see picture)

My dealerships, all their technicians and even the manager, said it's not possible, and color is white, not orange. 2012 models do not have the orange color.

VSA is working, but the color issue is driving me crazy.

I really can't have dreamt of the VSA button to be orange color once "VSA is turned off", Anyone who owns a TSX 2012 can confirm what light color on the button do you have once you activate the button?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi guys,

I bought 6 months ago a new TSX 2012. When I pressed the button VSA located over my left knee and under the driving wheel, the color orange was turned on meaning the VSA is off, and a sign is displayed on the dash board. The car lights setting was put as Automatic.

However, 1 month after, my car had a battery/ABS problem, went to dealer and they said the battery died so they replaced it.

But since then, the VSA button doesn't really turn on anymore and the only way to turn it on is to open the car lights. But the light color is white??

I am not talking about the signal on the dash board, I am talking about the button you press (touch) over your knees. (see picture)

My dealerships, all their technicians and even the manager, said it's not possible, and color is white, not orange. 2012 models do not have the orange color.

VSA is working, but the color issue is driving me crazy.

I really can't have dreamt of the VSA button to be orange color once "VSA is turned off", Anyone who owns a TSX 2012 can confirm what light color on the button do you have once you activate the button?
It's orange on a 09.

The easiest thing to do, if it really bothers you, is to go into dealership and try it in one of their demo cars.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's orange on a 09.

The easiest thing to do, if it really bothers you, is to go into dealership and try it in one of their demo cars.
Thanks!! Good hope! What is weird is we did check the demo car and it is probably a 2013, and it wasnt orange? White? My tsx is 2012, I dont know if it varies by year model.

But your orange color makes me feel good, it confirms I didn't dream about it.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Orange on 12se tsx
What color is ur vsa button when vsa is on by default (like in the picture, or black aka nothing)

I just played with my car & I realize the my vsa button is always on (white) either i press to activate or to desactivate it. In other words, that button is always on and will never change color no matter what kind of front light options i play with except when i turn off off lights of button in the car (which in thia case the vsa button will remain no light no matter if pressed or not.
The colouring/coating can actually bake/burn right off the lightbulb as well, particularly with artificially coloured bulbs which are common these days. (Note that when buying amber signal bulbs for example the "NA" ones mean "natural amber", and are more expensive and retain their colour better over time.)

However it sounds like there may be two bulbs in the switch and one is burnt out. Often times bulbs in switches are tiny and often not user-replaceable. You can replace them if you know how and can both dismantle the switch and source the bulb that's in there, but I'd imagine the dealer solution would be to replace the entire switch (or just tell you "nothing's wrong" as they have here, lol).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.