Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there an hid kit that will replace the oem one perfectly.
My oem ballast went out on my 2008 tsx and its like 170 for a new one. What suggestions do you guys have?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Is there an hid kit that will replace the oem one perfectly.
My oem ballast went out on my 2008 tsx and its like 170 for a new one. What suggestions do you guys have?
I had to register just to respond to this thread, hopefully it's not too late. Most HID fanatics use trs (theretrofitsource) to order xenon hid related parts. Here are some ballasts:

Morimoto 3Five Ballasts (D2S) - HID Ballasts from The Retrofit Source Inc

I use those personally for my powerful headlights, they are also waterproof. Or if you want OEM, go with these:

Matsushita Gen V Ballasts - HID Ballasts from The Retrofit Source Inc

·
, Regional Meet Leader, SF Bay Area
6,942 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
You can find a used OEM ballast for practically the same cost.

Our cars also use the same ballast as S2K's and 3G TL's.

Keep in mind 06+ have different ballasts than 04-05.
The Matsushita are OEM though my friend :) , I'm also in the bay area BTW, I work in the south bay but live in the east bay.

Also ruv123, they should fit OEM connectors, but don't buy yet , I'll verify that for you

·
Registered
5 Posts
bump ^^^ same problem i've also yet to find a kit that has the same connectors. been having to take the fitting off the connector and manually do it. which im thinking is why mine keeps shorting and blowing a fuse.

·
Registered
36 Posts
.. or you can safely use an aftermarket ballast (recommend digital/AC) with a D2 adapter. OEM would definitely be the preferred choice if you're in the market for a $150+ ballast.

Just recently had an OEM ballast go out on my 06 TSX as well. :bawling:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.