Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am retiring my 04 TSX MT through a clean air program, so the car will go to the dismantler. Sad to see the lady go. I think the car still has many good parts that could be sold so I either wanna part it out myself or, preferrably, bring it to a shop.

I have to be able to drive the car to the dismantler, so the essentials like wheels, engine etc. are off limits. What are valuable parts that could be sold? I was thinking seats (besides driver's), headrests, spare tire, rearview mirror, floormats, maybe speakers? Doesn't have the nav system. It does have a Injen tuning cold air intake that could be swapped (or maybe just removed).

Any shop recommendations that do that kind of stuff?
Any other ideas for parts that could be sold?

I'm based in SoCal.

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
75 Posts
The trans is probably worth more then you'll get from the scrapyard. If the body panels are good, they hold a decent value. You'd be better off doing a full partout and have the shell flatbedded to the scrapper.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am retiring my 04 TSX MT through a clean air program, so the car will go to the dismantler. Sad to see the lady go. I think the car still has many good parts that could be sold so I either wanna part it out myself or, preferrably, bring it to a shop.

I have to be able to drive the car to the dismantler, so the essentials like wheels, engine etc. are off limits. What are valuable parts that could be sold? I was thinking seats (besides driver's), headrests, spare tire, rearview mirror, floormats, maybe speakers? Doesn't have the nav system. It does have a Injen tuning cold air intake that could be swapped (or maybe just removed).

I'm based in SoCal.

Thanks guys!

I'm based in SoCal.

Thanks guys!
Would you be willing to sell the intake? I have been wanting to buy an Injen one for my 07. Thanks!

·
Registered
373 Posts
If all the lights and buttons on your head unit work it is worth some money. The PCB that goes bad in them is long discontinued. Also if in good condition: shift knob, interior door panels, center console, floor mats, speakers if aftermarket, seats, headliner, body panels, head and tail lights, just about anything you can pull off honestly.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts