Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Acura TSX owners in snowy states beware, the brand is recalling almost 93,000 units in North America because of a flaw that could lead to a damaged electronic control unit (ECU).

In snowy areas, salty slush from driver’s shoes can melt and seep through the carpet under the vehicle dashboard that covers the metal case containing the ECU. Over time, that can corrode the shell and leave the unit vulnerable to damage. If that occurs, it could cause the car to stall. There are 76,000 units being recalled in the U.S. and 16,990 in Canada.
Read more about the Acura TSX recall and find contact information for Acura at AutoGuide.com.

·
, Chief SuperModerator, Marketplace
5,412 Posts
There haven’t been any crashes or injuries reported because of the problem, but Acura is issuing a recall. Owners are being encouraged to take their car to a dealer for service as soon as they are notified. Those notifications will be mailed out in mid-April, but owners with questions can contact Acura directly by calling (800) 382-2238 and selecting option four.

i found this on the read more link

·
Registered
3,436 Posts
Article

Acura will voluntarily recall approximately 76,000 model-year 2004-2008 TSX sedans in 22 U.S. states and Washington, D.C.

The automaker said Thursday that the recall will be conducted to install a water-resistant cover over the Electronic Control Unit at no cost to the customer.

Acura said that in cold-weather states where road salt is heavily used to de-ice roads, it is possible for road salt and water from drivers' shoes to saturate the carpet under the vehicle dashboard that covers the metal case containing the ECU.

If water containing road salt comes in contact with the metal ECU case, corrosion can form, which, according to Acura, can damage the ECU itself and potentially result in a vehicle stalling.

No crashes or injuries have been reported related to this issue.

·
( o)( o)
964 Posts
ao they'll be mailing letters to those effected?

·
( o)( o)
964 Posts
just got my recall today... my car throws p0138 (cat 02 sensor) in wet conditions sometime... snow/rain...

·
" It Is What It Is "
7,490 Posts
Just received my recall in the mail... but I never did drive my car when it was snowing so I have no worries... Plus I'm moving to miami woooooooot

·
( o)( o)
964 Posts
just scheduled my appt for next sat. the 27th. 8am. they said they did one yesterday, and said it didn't have the issue.

·
What to put here...
1,050 Posts
FYI, you may/may not get the letter -- if you're 2nd owner or if you moved, chances are you won't. I just called a dealer and scheduled it in, no issues. Took them half a day with the car but I had a ride to/from the dealership. ;)

·
( o)( o)
964 Posts
I'm the 3rd owner... got my letter yesterday (I bought the car in Feb. too)

·
Registered
47 Posts
ECM Recall

I have a 2005 TSX and my wife has a 2006 TSX. Both of us have the all-weather floormats which do a great job of protecting the carpet. Just received the ECM recall notice yesterday. I am going to ignore it for now as I believe these all-weather mats will prevent this problem.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.