Acura TSX Forum banner

41 - 60 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
i previously owned a 2005 tsx and the only problem which seems to be a generic problem with these tsx which is the rear calipers. on my 2005 i had it for a year and it was 4 or 5 years old and the calipers were startin to stick and seize but i thought the reason was because the car came from quebec.i now own a 2007 tsx and had it for almost a year and i can feel the calipers slowly startin to stick. ive talked to many people about ther tsx or other acura vehicles and seems to be a coomn problem but either than that they are mostly problem free aslong as u take care of ur care as u should. as to responding to the person saying that the cars are made in japan....false, the parts are manufactured there from HONDA which there is no acura newhere else in the world besides north america. the cars are manufactured either here in canada or the states. lets jsut say i wouldnt want mine to be made in thr states, thats y mines made in canada:). i wouldnt trade in acura for any other car!

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
We've updated the our reliability stats for the TSX (on our redesigned site) to include owner experiences through September 30, 2011.

Repair frequencies, in terms of repair trips per 100 cars per year:

2008: 24

2007: 21

2006: 10

2005: 62, power door lock actuators most common problem

2004: 47

All are better than average. Good sample sizes for all but the 2007.

Thank you, once again, to this forum and everyone who has been helping. We'll have further updates later this month and in May.

To see how competitors compare, and to sign up to help improve this information:

Acura TSX reliability ratings and comparisons

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Goodness, I hate to admit this.. But I definitely overpaid. The dealer charged me $240 to replace the lock actuator in my 04' . That was a month ago.
WOW!?!?!? that is alot! It only cost me $38 for the actuator +1hr of my time....

·
Registered
198 Posts
Just did your survey, just hit 105k and nothing was needing repair but changed out spark plugs cause it was cheap and easy. I expect a belt change and new rotors at 120k though.

Love this car... :D

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Just did your survey, just hit 105k and nothing was needing repair but changed out spark plugs cause it was cheap and easy. I expect a belt change and new rotors at 120k though.

Love this car... :D
Thanks for the assist! We'll have updated stats soon, and every response helps.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
We've updated the our reliability stats for the TSX to include owner experiences through June 30, 2012*.

2008: 16

2007: 12, small sample size

2006: 18

2005: 41

2004: 37

All are better than average. Good sample sizes for all but the 2007.

We have two additional statistics, "Nada-odds" and "Lemon-odds," to indicate the percentage of cars with no repairs in the past year and those that required 3+ trips to the repair shop.

2006: 82, < 1

We'll have further updates in November and February. The more owners get involved, the better the information we can provide, including odds stats for years other than the 2006.

To see how competitors compare, and to sign up to help improve this information:

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
We've updated the our reliability stats for the TSX to include owner experiences through September 30, 2012.

2008: 25

2007: 20, small sample size

2006: 26

2005: 60

2004: 35

The 2005 is about average, all others are better than average. Good sample sizes for all but the 2007.

We have two additional statistics, "Nada-odds" and "Lemon-odds," to indicate the percentage of cars with no repairs in the past year and those that required 3+ trips to the repair shop.

2006: 74, < 1

We'll have further updates in February and May. The more owners participate, the more precise these will be.

To see how competitors compare, and to sign up to help:

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
We've updated the our reliability stats for the TSX to include owner experiences through December 31, 2012.

2008: 11

2007: 15, small sample size

2006: 28

2005: 55 -- unclear why this one remains higher than the 2004 and 2006

2004: 26

The 2005 is moderate, all others are low. Good sample sizes for all but the 2007.

2006: 74, < 1

Thank you, once again, to this forum and everyone who has been helping. We'll have further updates in May and August.

·
Registered
176 Posts
What is the average cost of replacing a power door lock actuator in a '05 TSX?
Interesting, but I had to replace mine about a year ago as well. I did the drivers side and now the passenger side is looking weak. Geez, couldn't they come up with a more durable part given that every car has this? I think I made mechanic for the part costs and I think it was an hour or hour and a half of labour. Didn't want to tackle it myself as it looked like a PIA job from the videos I saw.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I just replaced my steering rack to the tune of $1200. My car has 87,000 miles on it. Honestly I am furious with Acura for the way they refused to stand by their defective product. They acknowledged that the seals in the rack could be defective but yet refused to foot the bill because I do my own maintenance. And since when is power steering racks considered maintenance. There is absolutely no way in HELL a steering rack should have to be replaced at 87k. Anyway, I like this car, but I wont be buying another Acura. My previous car was a 05 Mercedes C230 and I sold it because I was afraid of costly repairs that might be creeping up. Oh the irony!

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
We've updated our reliability stats for the TSX to include owner experiences through March 31, 2013.

2008 TSX: 11, low
2007 TSX: 19, low
2006 TSX: 32, low
2005 TSX: 59, moderate
2004 TSX: 44, low

We have two additional statistics, "Nada-odds" and "Lemon-odds", to indicate the percentage of cars with no repairs in the past year and those that required 3+ trips to the repair shop:

2006 TSX: 70, < 1

We'll have further updates in August and in November.

For the details, including the descriptions of reported repairs, and to sign up to help improve this information:

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
We've updated our reliability stats for the TSX to include owner experiences through June 30, 2013. (Another source is about 14 months behind.)

2012 TSX: 21, low
2010 TSX: 22, low
2009 TSX: 36, low
2008 TSX: 41, low, small sample size
2007 TSX: 18, low, small sample size
2006 TSX: 26, low
2005 TSX: 65, moderate
2004 TSX: 43, low

We have two additional statistics, "Nada-odds" and "Lemon-odds", to indicate the percentage of cars with no repairs in the past year and those that required 3+ trips to the repair shop:

2006 TSX: 76, < 1

We'll have further updates in November and February.

To view competitors' scores and descriptions of reported repairs, and to sign up to help:

·
500k or Bust
53 Posts
Hi,
New to the forum. I've got an '05 TSX with 392,000. I'm shooting for 500k miles. I started a blog about it and have posted 90% of all my dealer only maintenance on the blog. the records go all the way back to 25k miles to present. you're welcome to check it out if you like for your research & comparison. you can get most of it here -

The Maintenance | TSX Travels "Have TSX-Will Travel"

·
WAT DO?
716 Posts
Great Blog, Thanks for posting that!
I'm Determined to get mine at 300k eventually. Its going to be daily for a while, until I can afford my real dream car ;)

I've been keeping a detailed log of all maintenance done on my car via Google Drive, so I constantly update it as i go. The list is getting quite massive!
here's what I have so far..In the sheet I also have various OEM part #'s for maintenance items and other stuff, and a list of all maintenance codes.

It's worth noting I do all this work myself, apart from tires/alignment/AC work :)

·
500k or Bust
53 Posts
Man Jam! nice job on the records. so what is your real dream car? i've wanted an NSX since I was a teen. now that i'm an official adult I could totally afford one, but i have a 1 year old now & its kind of hard to justify the $50k for a car that i dont really have the time enjoy like you should. unless of coarse i make it my new work car ;) has anyone ever put 300k on an NSX before i wonder...

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
We've updated our reliability stats for the TSX to include owner experiences through September 30, 2013.

2008 TSX: 30, low, small sample size
2007 TSX: 14, low
2006 TSX: 24, low
2005 TSX: 47, low
2004 TSX: 58, low

2006 TSX: 72, < 1

We'll have further updates later this month and in May. The more owners participate, the more comprehensive and precise these will be.

41 - 60 of 86 Posts