Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got 2012 TSX Sport wagon with Tech package and love the car. I compared it to my friends 2013 Accord EX-L and there are few things which makes TECH Package of Acura inferior to Accord.
Here are things I think could improve upon
1) Keyless entry and Start system
2) Automatic seat settings based upon "key" used to start the vehicle
3) Side camera - for some reason it is only when you are turning right and when you've your right signal ON - the accord screen shows you what is on your right.

Acura seems to be lacking all of this features. Is there any mod that is done for #2 on this list ? It would be great if anyone knows of making #2 i.e. Automatic seat adjustment based upon key used to start the vehicle.

·
WAT DO?
716 Posts
The memory seats can be done by Key, I believe this is even available on the 06-08's as well.

Mine certainly works :dunno:

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The memory seats can be done by Key, I believe this is even available on the 06-08's as well.

Mine certainly works :dunno:
Thanks looks like time to read user manual :)

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've got a 2011 tsx wagon. My wife and I use different keys with they're own settings.
okay let me clarify it further, when you have driver 1 and you've set seat memory for driver 1, and same for driver 2. When you put car key in for driver 2 - does it automatically setup seat for driver 2 ? or you've to press button for seat position#2 ?

·
From Nissan to Honda
2,170 Posts
okay let me clarify it further, when you have driver 1 and you've set seat memory for driver 1, and same for driver 2. When you put car key in for driver 2 - does it automatically setup seat for driver 2 ? or you've to press button for seat position#2 ?
even before that brah. The moment you press unlock using the designated keyfob (Driver 1 or 2), the moment you open the driver door the seat goes to memory.

For the 06-08, you have to press and hold lock and unlock to link/unlink function if I remember correctly. If it was unlinked the above said function does not work.

Only quirk I had with the cl9 was that the memory function was only limited to seating...not the side view mirrors. But thats one of the many reasons to differentiate the cost between the TL and TSX.

Keep in mind, you are comparing a chassis/model that came out in 09 to a model/chassis that came out in 2013...while manufacturers have slight refreshes technology wise throughout model years, there core remains the same; -there will be technology differences.

·
Registered
11 Posts
1) Keyless entry and Start system

I put the Advanced Keys system in my 2012 and it works perfect! The system even added remote start and it includes additional options for activating windows, etc.

I looked at the 2013 Accord and it was nice and definitely higher tech, BUT, not as nice/luxury, more expensive, and honestly, the right side mirror/camera was oddly distracting to me, not helpful.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.