Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok. So ive searched about this and cannot find any useful information. My goal is to add a kicker l5 and a 340watts rms to the stock setup.

I know how to run a system from scratch but i am trying to avoid wiring from the battery to the back of the car.

What i am thinking is if the stock amp has a power wire and a remote, rca's and ground, cant i just cut and replace the amp? and from the amp attach the sub.

Ive read something about taking a wire from one of the speakers and run it to the amp to bypass something???

Another issue would be. Would the power wire if any that goes to the stock amp will handle more current flowing through.

Any help on how to do this will be nice.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
no. Your going to have to run new power wire.

Sent from my PC36100 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
It would be easier to tap into 6x9 to get signal for subs

·
, Regional Meet Leader, Chicago
1,706 Posts
you have to tap into your rear speakers for sound
you have to run power to your battery to power your amp for the sub (alot easier than trying to tap into your stock amp and also safer/better, assuming you should be using a lower gauge wire)
get an amp that has speaker level inputs and remote sense - avoids RCA and LOC and running remote wire

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
you have to tap into your rear speakers for sound
you have to run power to your battery to power your amp for the sub (alot easier than trying to tap into your stock amp and also safer/better, assuming you should be using a lower gauge wire)
get an amp that has speaker level inputs and remote sense - avoids RCA and LOC and running remote wire
yes safety is a huge concern as i dont want the amp to pull alot of power on a high gauge wire. other than power is the remote and rca available in the back?

i know i would have to split a certain wire mabey and attatch rca heads.

i could possibly buy a small battery and keep it back there for power.

·
, Regional Meet Leader, Chicago
1,706 Posts
yes safety is a huge concern as i dont want the amp to pull alot of power on a high gauge wire. other than power is the remote and rca available in the back?

i know i would have to split a certain wire mabey and attatch rca heads.

i could possibly buy a small battery and keep it back there for power.
There's no remote or rca, i guess you can tap anything for remote but if you want RCA then you need a LOC.
Like i said to keep it simple buy an amp with speaker level inputs and remote on, this eliminate need for an LOC and all you have to do is run a speaker wire in to your amp that you tap into your rear speaker.

small battery? how will you power it? you're talking about doing alot of work when your initial q made it seem like you want the easiest solution to adding a sub/amp

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
+1 easiest way to go would be getting a loc (line out converter) and tapping into the 6x9 wires. The loc's have rca and remote wire inputs

so looks like
1. i am going to have to run a power
2. im going to use a line out converter for rca's

butt now for the remote wire. the loc i looked at didnt say anything about it.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Keep searching, there are some out there
Yes sir! That and some good ground! Im running a jl audio 13w7 pushing 1000w rms and 0 gauge wire in my tsx and the loc is holding up just fine!:D

wow sounds good. had 1400rms audiobhans with 2600 watt audiobhan amp in my old accord. i wanted to stay away from all of that but iono im going to want it. i have an old l5 that beats hard. im going to start off with that and a 340 dual amp to see. what watt loc did you use. im seeing some for 35w and up to 80w. whats up with that lol.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Our cars do not have an actuall "sub" the factory amp is tuned to make the rear 6x9's act as subs cuz they only pick up the low freq. Basically the little bass we get is all produced by 6x9's
The gen 2 doesn't have 6x9's in back. There are 6 1/2's with the 8" sub in the middle
I think the gen 1 TSX has 6x9's as I have an Accord of that era and it has 6x9s that sound much better IMHO than the set up in the wife's '10 TSX. Once the TSX is my daily driver I will definately be doing something with the audio. Sounds wimpy to me, even compared to my older Accord.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.