Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
TSX of the Month Winner
2,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, right now i have a navi, and i want to get the following,
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5769292534&rd=1&sspagename=STRK:MEWA:IT&rd=1
and place it in the center space.

question is, the unit has no display, would i be able to see that track and title and folder and all that stuff through the navi screen with that unit?... i know that i will need an adapter and cable to use the screen to watch dvd's, im planning to get that later but i just want to know if i can select and view tracks using the navi and audio controls???

thanx

·
Acuracake!!!!
69 Posts
I think that you will have to do some modding to the navi unit for it to play. If you go to a custom shop I am sure that they would be able to help you in completing that task.

·
TSX of the Month Winner
2,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea but what if that dvd player had a mp3 player built in, i would need to use modify the navi unit to do that too?

·
Registered
53 Posts
You will have to use the Panasonic remote to change tracks and use the functions of that unit. The track numbers will show up on your navi screen with the use of a video interface.

·
TSX of the Month Winner
2,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
oic thats great to know thanx radio dr... so if i dont get the video interface yea, and just hook up the player to my car, the only thing i will be able to do is change the tracks without knowing what is playing right?

·
Registered
28 Posts
ok to add a DVD player like i did you need to get is the AVElectronic Unit as well as the blitz adapter (you loose satellite radio) but it allows for direct audio input. The AV unit allows for the navi screen to switch over to another video source. Total conversion for me was around 1G (less then that but forgot)

·
Registered
28 Posts
chyllintsx said:
damn man, phataccord, do u have any pix of what u did? thanx for info guys

No pics sorry...i have been so busy. The AV unit is in the trunk hidden in a way. The DVD is on the glovebox but some put it in the arm rest but I rather have the armrest open to whatever since there is more room there then the glovebox.

·
TSX of the Month Winner
2,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
phataccord04 said:
No pics sorry...i have been so busy. The AV unit is in the trunk hidden in a way. The DVD is on the glovebox but some put it in the arm rest but I rather have the armrest open to whatever since there is more room there then the glovebox.
icic, thats kool.... where did u get the AV unit from and how much did u pay for it?

·
Registered
28 Posts
The AV unit is 500 bucks....I got mine from this local shop, that has the company's back for install. If your not far from rahway NJ I can hook u up with them.

·
TSX of the Month Winner
2,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
oic yea im from queens, but i found somethng for much cheaper... i was just wondering what urs is basically.... urs got the navi... then u added this unit in, and got a dvd player, and now u can watch dvds on ur navi screen? am i correct?.... also, does ur dvd player have a mp3 player?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Yes there is only 1 company that makes this product. I can watch video and have sound, but the sound sucks becuase it is braodcated through the unit, hence you need the blitz adapter, and you can then also attach an ipod if you want too. My DVD player does DVD, MP3 WMA...and some other stuff as well.

·
TSX of the Month Winner
2,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
icic thats hot ill find out more of the thing i want to get and then ill keep u updated and exchange advice... thanx again

·
Registered
100 Posts
CJams said:
Isn't there a way now to have satelite radio and an external audio source such as DVD or ipod?
yes there is a way to do that. i think you need a audio source switcher. you can switch between 2 units.

·
Registered
100 Posts
hey eric, you cant control the mp3 from the sterring wheel. its not hook up to that. you can see it on the navi screen if you switch the toggle switch. you will have to use the remote that came with you dvd player to change tracks like what radiodr said.

·
TSX of the Month Winner
2,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
icic....good thing i got a dvd player that has controls on the unit... its awesome... its for up down left right arrows and everything.... all got 97 including shippin on ebay... u should get this too Souvanh....awesome deal

1 - 20 of 24 Posts