Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
I have a TSX with NAV, and I want to play an MP3 player through the sound system. I would rather not use a modulator. Does anyone know what kind of connectors are in the back of the head unit and is there an adapter available? Also , has anyone taken the dash apart yet? What is involved? I used to do intallations, so I could just get in there with my tools and try, but maybe someone has some advise?

Thanks

·
Registered
51 Posts
I have a TSX on the way (as below) and an iPod I want to hook up. It looked like in the accessory book (dealer's) that there was some audio attachment kit that was required for the use of those other audio options. I'm wondering if that's what we need. I have no skills, but I want to get it going!

I've seen that the $2400 rear headliner entertainment system addon (IVES) has RCA inputs, but I don't want to buy that, we have to be able to press that Aux button to get it to work somehow.

G

·
Discussion Starter #4
Interestingly, Soundgate (manufacturer of the doohickey referenced above) doesn't claim TSX compatibility, though Logjam (who resells it) does.

That appears to be the only game in town right now. I emailed other adapter manufacturers and some are working on it, but probably won't have anything for a while.

Why in heaven's name don't car manufacturers provide a standard aux in on their head units nowadays. It's ridiculous. Oh, and their CD players should all have MP3 capability by now; that's equally ridiculous. *sigh*

1 - 4 of 4 Posts