Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it possible to add navigation to a non navi tsx? I'm trying to find a carbon grey tsx with a 6 speed and navi but all I can find is one without navi. Unless I wait for the 05's. The Acura salesmen said it can't be done but I don't see why.

Thanks,

Colin

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
I personally don't understand the mechanics and technicals of it, but from past discussions that we've had, I know for sure that this is either impossible or so prohibitive that it's not worth even thinking about.

This has been asked many times on all the sites, and the result of the discussion has always been ^^^.

What the salesman said may not be strictly totally correct, but for practical purposes it's correct.

Anyway, I can just about guarantee that if you take just a little more time and maybe cast your sights a bit further, you will indeed find the Nav car that you're looking for. Dealers are looking to sell their '04's. You might not get a huge discount, but I think you'll find the car.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your response. According to the dealership, there is not a single carbon grey 6speed with navi in TX. She is checking tomorrow to see if there are any in other states. I wouldn't mind ordering a 05 but I'll have to wait a couple months and It'll cost about $1,000 more.

larchmont said:
I personally don't understand the mechanics and technicals of it, but from past discussions that we've had, I know for sure that this is either impossible or so prohibitive that it's not worth even thinking about.

This has been asked many times on all the sites, and the result of the discussion has always been ^^^.

What the salesman said may not be strictly totally correct, but for practical purposes it's correct.

Anyway, I can just about guarantee that if you take just a little more time and maybe cast your sights a bit further, you will indeed find the Nav car that you're looking for. Dealers are looking to sell their '04's. You might not get a huge discount, but I think you'll find the car.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
whiteej8 said:
Thanks for your response. According to the dealership, there is not a single carbon grey 6speed with navi in TX. She is checking tomorrow to see if there are any in other states. I wouldn't mind ordering a 05 but I'll have to wait a couple months and It'll cost about $1,000 more.
I really think the differential will be greater than that. We don't know yet what the difference will be in official sticker price; it has been said with some authority that it'll be $400, but some of us think it will be more.

But even if it's only $400, you also have to take into the account the difference between how much you can "deal" on the prices. Right now, you can "deal" quite a bit on '04's. It's not likely you'll be able to deal nearly as much, if at all, on the '05's.

I think the actual difference in what you pay would be about $1500-$2000. But of course you'd be GETTING more with the '05 -- some extra features, plus a "newer" car.

Either way, you're getting a great car. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
57 Posts
from what I've read it might be possible to add oem nav to a non nav tsx. But it will cost around $4k plus labor.

I would recommend waiting for the 05. You'll pay more but there are some new toys in the 05. XM, power pass seat, etc.

Or you could get an in dash aftermarket nav. I think I saw someone had pics of a in dash pioneer.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm came up with the $1000 difference because my quote on the 04 was 28100 and my quote on the 05 was 29000. They're not droping to much below MSRP on the 05's. One way or another I'm getting a TSX. :nutkick:

briny319 said:
from what I've read it might be possible to add oem nav to a non nav tsx. But it will cost around $4k plus labor.

I would recommend waiting for the 05. You'll pay more but there are some new toys in the 05. XM, power pass seat, etc.

Or you could get an in dash aftermarket nav. I think I saw someone had pics of a in dash pioneer.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
Strange that you got a quote on the '05, because the price isn't out yet.

Are you sure that price was firm?

Also: That '04 price seems high. Does that include destination charge? (If it doesn't, it's REALLY high.) Anyway, I guess there aren't any better prices available near you? If so, that's a nice comment on the car itself, but it's unfortunate, and I think surprising.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No that price is not firm. John Eagle said that MSRP will be around 29,500 and my cost will be about 29,000. And yes, the 04 price includes destination.

larchmont said:
Strange that you got a quote on the '05, because the price isn't out yet.

Are you sure that price was firm?

Also: That '04 price seems high. Does that include destination charge? (If it doesn't, it's REALLY high.) Anyway, I guess there aren't any better prices available near you? If so, that's a nice comment on the car itself, but it's unfortunate, and I think surprising.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I saw some aftermarket navi's on ebay and wasn't very impressed. I really want the OEM navi.

briny319 said:

·
Registered
57 Posts
whiteej8 said:
I saw some aftermarket navi's on ebay and wasn't very impressed. I really want the OEM navi.
Then it looks like you will be waiting for the 05 model.

But I think its worth it. I have the OEM Navi and love it. Its helpful and a really cool toy.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts