Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We all know the proper way of adjusting our sideviews to eliminate blindspots.

Example here

But I have seen variations of this too. Some people say to sit in your normal position and *not* lean over and then adjust them so you don't see your car anymore.

What about height? Currently, I cannot see the curb when I am backing into a (parallel) parking spot. I have to raise my body so I can stare down at the curb. What about when you are driving? Adjusting the up and down tilt of the side mirrors determines how far back you can see vehicles.

So what is everyone's personal techniques on adjusting? When you use the above technique, do you adjust up and down tilt so you see a sliver of the side of your car and the top rear corner? Or bottom rear corner? Or both?

Thanks for your time.

·
Registered
634 Posts
I don't lean over. I adjust until I just see the edge of the car in the mirror, then I nudge it a bit further, knowing that the car is just off screen.

And I've never, in 25 years of driving, used my side mirrors to parallel park. I guess I'm just lucky, because I rarely have trouble slipping into a parallel space without hitting the curb or the adjacent cars.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Blind spots can be reduce greatly by adjusting your mirrors in a certain way. Most people in general adjust their mirrors so they can see the side of their car and the lane next to them. What you want to do is adjust as far out as possible. This will reduce your blinds spots as much as possible. I've been using this for as long as I can remember, and it a lot better than driving with the mirrors angled at the side of the car.

If you need to see the curb, just adjust it downward so you can see it. No need to raise your body.

-Jimmy

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
Early on, I tried doing what Jimmmmmmmmmmmmmah!!!!! said (someone said basically the same thing, on another site), and yes, it eliminated blind spots, but it made me delirious, so I went back to the old way. :D

I don't think there's any real good way to be able to parallel-park better with this car. Not for me, anyway. And it is a bit of a problem.

·
Registered
6,255 Posts
i have it so i can see down the sides of the car. If I have to move the mirrors, i will..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts