Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The topic came up in a conversation with a friend about adjusting the range of motion in the clutch pedal. My friend mentioned that he was able to do it on his 300zx and I have driven it and really liked the smaller range of motion. It is much easier to find where the clutch engages! Would this be possible to do on the tsx?

·
What to put here...
1,050 Posts
I did it a few weeks ago to bring the engagement point off of the floor. It's really simple once you look at it.
There's 3(?) switches with electrical connectors on them. You want to remove the electrical connector for the switch that is basically in-line with the push-rod coming out of the firewall (the push-rod is moved by the pedal and goes into the master cylinder on the other side of the firewall).
Then, loosen the jam nuts on either side depending on if you want to bring the pedal up or down, and then spin the push-rod a few turns (I used bent-nose needlenose pliers to get a better grip on the pushrod). Re-tighten the jam nuts such that the switch you disconnected is almost bottomed-out with the pedal fully released.
Reconnect electrical conector, and then test the engagement point (have the e-brake on in case you screwed up LOL). The switch you are messing with is the cruise control switch, so make sure you test that it's working by going for a quick cruise and attempting to engage cruise control. If it engages and disengages properly, you're fine. If you cannot set cruise, it's because the switch isn't depressed enough.

Pretty easy stuff once you see the area.

While you're there, check the clutch pedal bracket for cracks at the base/firewall - specifically where it is bent 90* outwards, and under/around the nuts holding it to the firewall. Mine is cracked on the drivers' side near the fuse panel... need to replace the bracket soon or at least minimise its impact using a grade 8 washer to spread the load and hopefully stop the creaking caused by the crack! ;)

·
What to put here...
1,050 Posts
It shouldn't be too common, IMO.

Ordered my new pedal/bracket assembly... here's hoping the thing goes in easily. (measuring by-the-book is a total pain in the arse!)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.