Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is the easy. no brainer part... do research and know what you want.

Now here's the WISH I HAD DONE IN RETROSPECT. Do you first run(s) at wheeling and dealing with the 2nd or 3rd closest Acura dealer in you area. That way you get the bugs out of you plan of attack, phrasing, comfort level dealing with salespersons, and experience, etc. They will bring items up and possibly discuss things you've never heard of before. You politely say thanks and retreat back to your stead armed by the power of time, one of their estimates, and Google.

Begin your second review of the vehicle knowing in great detail their terminology, plows, tricks, dealer fees, MSRPs, invoice costs, Edmonds, nav no nav, auto or manual, colors, ploys to go with their financing, etc, etc. A REHERSAL FOR BATTLE OR THE BIG PLAY IF YOU WILL in order to get all your uncertainties, mistrusts, naivety out, etc.

Now your ready to go into the closest dealer armed to the gills with knowledge on what you ought to pay how much for accessories, what's this mean and on and on.

I did pretty good but that's my only regret is that I had gotten a prior dress rehearsal with my college theater professor before the final show whose audience included Martin Courscese (SP?) and Oliver Stone, if ya know what I mean!

Best of luck all! And remember:

PRIOR PROPER PLANNING PREVENTS PISS POOR PERFORMANCE!

·
Registered
634 Posts
I have to admit, I don't understand the fear of buying a car. I know invoice before I go in, and I know they're almost always getting a holdback below invoice. I know the package I want. I know how much I'd like to pay for the car and what I'm willing to pay for the car.

I go in, give them the first number, and walk out if it gets above the second number. After all, I've got the money they want. And is the stress of worrying about that last hundred dollars really worth it, anyway?

·
Slickness...
971 Posts
Duke said:
I have to admit, I don't understand the fear of buying a car. I know invoice before I go in, and I know they're almost always getting a holdback below invoice. I know the package I want. I know how much I'd like to pay for the car and what I'm willing to pay for the car.

I go in, give them the first number, and walk out if it gets above the second number. After all, I've got the money they want. And is the stress of worrying about that last hundred dollars really worth it, anyway?
Good advice. I think people just get too worked up into really wanting to buy a car, that they loose major brain functions. Bottom line, you have to do your homework. The more your prepaired, the eaiser it is...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts