Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. I need help again... :nervous:

Just decided to keep my TSX and so my plans to do some minor mods will be going ahead.

First will be tires and rims. Which local shop would you all recommend? Some sites to surf (apart from National Tires)? I'm going for 18" and some high or ultra high perf summer tires. Then in winter will switch back to stock all-season. Or is that a bad move?

What are the pros and cons of lowering one's car? I don't seem to be convinced to do it, can anyone tell me what's good of doing that? Will rides be stiffer, in addition to having to be careful at bumps?

Some minor mods inside... What do people usually do to their TSX? I've heard people replace headers and intake? If so, how much would that cost? What brand? What advantages do we gain from these?

Finally, I know Hondata dont have the reflash for '05 TSX yet but when they do, I think it'll be the same as those for '04. Anyone done it? Worth it for >$500? What harm does this do, I'm sure there are pros and cons right?

Which local tuners are recommended? I'm a total dummy when it comes to these so I'm gonna need help.

Thank you everyone in advance. :D

·
JDM > Mugen
324 Posts
www.tiretrends.com is local shop in surrey with great price.

to my understanding lowering the car gives you better handling and more road "sense"
and as for stiff or not it will depends on what brand of suspension u get.
of course after lowering the car, you have be more careful going thru bump and stuff, and i see some friend's car get a lot of rattle after they lowered their car together with a hard suspension.

as for hondata, the stats looks good, but too bad it will void the warrenty :\

i don't tend to mod my car that much cept buying body kits so i could be wrong, correct me if i do. D:

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
buddy club->SR
other brand->(volk)teamwork, AJ, BPT or Super GT (a lot of other brand)...

·
TSX of the Month Winner
5,350 Posts
Local shop, AJ racing for JDM wheels (final speed, mugen, works), if more americanized like konig, u can go that tire shop in delta, called national tire whatever... more expensive wheels like volks, can go Teamwork, but u should also get quote from Calgary (bigH in this case), b/c u pay shipping but u save PST (it is a lot for expensive wheels). For advan, AJ racing too.

Lowering the car (pros and cons) - better handling; looks good; bragging right; easier to scratch the bottom; more stress on suspension components; get VI from RCMP; If u just change spring, be ready to say bye bye to shocks and bump stop; can't go up to some lifts in some mechanic shop; camber wear on tires if no camber kit..... etc

Minor mod inside? u mean in engine bay or interior?
engine - intake (injen, K&N, Mugen), header (i don't like b/c I am a jdm whore), valve cover, hondata gasket (i don't like b/c... ), ground wires, voltage stablizer, tower strut, exhaust (fujitsubo, mugen).... etc...
Interior - shift knob, pedals, steering wheel, racing seat, bulb replacement, 4 pt seat belt, guages... etc...

Hondata, i will not comment b/c it can bring up another flame war.

AJ Racing is what i recommend. Good pricing, ok service (depends on his mood if he is the one serving u ROFL), good mechanic. Best thing is that they have pretty good knowledge and will not ask u to buy sth that seems like a rip-off. I asked about an air box earier and they told me it is over-priced and not worth it. :eek:

·
, Moderator Emeritus
3,158 Posts
come to the meet and see all the diff examples for ur self hehe

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
dang .. Saz answered all .. ~
in addition do a search in the forum and u probly will find wut u want .. ~

·
, Regional Meet Leader, Vancouver
9,175 Posts
Ya......SEARCH......hahah~

Haven't seen you post in a while, last time i remember was the window tints....
and basically, Saz DID answer all the damn answer.....
for rims, you can try OLCO.... base in RIchmond and Vancouver..... they are ok ...
i am looking for a set of rims too~

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for the replies everyone.

Saz, when I said minor mods "inside" I actually meant the engine bay. Sorry for the confusion. One of these days I should pay a visit to one of the tire stores and see how it goes. Anyone think it's ok to get summer tires for driving till November then switch back to stock all-season?

Benz... Oh yes.. Window tints. I am going to perhaps make an appointment in upcoming weeks to have them done on my car coz it definitely is getting hot, esp. for my car which is a black on black. :D

I will do more research and perhaps pay AJ racing a visit after I get the basic ones out of the way (tint + tires/rims) to consider intake and header. Can't spend that much money all at once. :D

·
, Regional Meet Leader, Vancouver
9,175 Posts
Hey man.... you wanna do tints together??... it's getting hot too~.... last time PM you but you didn't check.... I don't wanna do tints alone~

1 - 14 of 14 Posts