Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
TSX of the Month Winner
2,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im stuck between gettin an AEM or injen and wheither to get it SRI or CAI or CAI w/ bypass valve.... please advise people...THANKS

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
chyllintsx said:
im stuck between gettin an AEM or injen and wheither to get it SRI or CAI or CAI w/ bypass valve.... please advise people...THANKS
IMO. AEM is overpriced with its gain ~
go for Injen or K&N CAI(both can be set up in SR mode) for the best bang for the buck and add a bypass if u worry abt the hydrolock .. ~ :cool:

·
, Moderator Emeritus
7,952 Posts
Chyllin, Few Things Here, First off go w/ the CAI... Short Rams Practiclly useless, you really want to have the CAI...

Also the Bypass Valve is Worthless as well, It attcually takes away Horsepower I have had my CAI on in the snow, in bad rain storms, ect, your not gonna Hydrolock the TSX Engine unless you Drive Through a Lake WOT...

·
TSX of the Month Winner
2,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hey andy, does the AEM and injen gain the same amount? cuz i can get the CAI for around 100...

memphis, thing is im from NY and i've experience drivin thru a HUGE pile of water like 3 time... actually up to a little past half the rim, so i really am afraid of hydrolock

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
AEM only gives u abt 6 hps where injen/K&N gives u abt 10~12

·
, Moderator Emeritus
7,952 Posts
chyllintsx said:
hey andy, does the AEM and injen gain the same amount? cuz i can get the CAI for around 100...

memphis, thing is im from NY and i've experience drivin thru a HUGE pile of water like 3 time... actually up to a little past half the rim, so i really am afraid of hydrolock
Fellow New Yorker Here, Hydrolock really shouldnt be an Issue, Of Course if your that Worried get the Bypass...

Anyway The CAI is totally worth while, forget the Short Ram

·
TSX of the Month Winner
2,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
oic , didnt see ur stats as new yorker haha, ill take ur advice then, thanx
memphis, u have the injen CAI right? how long does it take to change from cai to sri mode??

·
, Moderator Emeritus
7,952 Posts
I attcually Have the K&N Cold Air... its kinda pain in the @$$ the first time around I attcually havent Changed it to SR Mode, but It shouldnt take that long

·
, Moderator Emeritus
7,952 Posts
http://www.hopupracing.com/enpe19.html

Heres the Website I brought It from, there probibly one of the Cheapest out there,

Injens supost to be really good too, I personally Have No Experence w/ it, the other thing I like alot about The K&N is it comes with a Filter Wrap, thats supost to help protect it from Hydrolock

·
, Moderator Emeritus
7,952 Posts
Yeah Hold on Ill give ya some Pics

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
chyllintsx said:
is the K&N or injen better? and u got any pix on liek car domain?
K&N is a little bit cheaper where injen seems to be have 1 or 2 hp more at peak

·
, Moderator Emeritus
7,952 Posts

·
, Moderator Emeritus
7,952 Posts
theres the K&N,

K&N Dynoed it at 10 HP, and 10 Ftlbs

Injen I believe claims 12 HP and 10 Ft Lbs

Im More then Happy with the K&N

·
TSX of the Month Winner
2,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
nice nice thanx alot guys... andy, you said yours is a K&N typoon CAI... memphis...is ur a typoon? n wats the difference?

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
chyllintsx said:
nice nice thanx alot guys... andy, you said yours is a K&N typoon CAI... memphis...is ur a typoon? n wats the difference?
yes my is Typhoon .. ~ it's just the name that K&N made for the intake :)

·
, Moderator Emeritus
7,952 Posts
Yeah Mines the Typhoon, Typhoon is a differnt kinda Filter then the Regular K&N SR or something like that, spins the air better, i dont know the exact details, but its a great Intake, So Is Injen its really ur decision, there about equal, the Injen may have 1 or 2 hp over the K&N, and is much more popular w/ TSX owners, However Im more then Happy w/ My K&N and get alot of complements over it, Really Great Intake Im Very Happy w/ it, The K&N also may be cheaper, and no matter what I highly Recomend that Link I gave you before, whichever is your decision

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
second to that .. ~ injen uses K&N filter too ~

·
, Moderator Emeritus
7,952 Posts
Andynolife said:
second to that .. ~ injen uses K&N filter too ~
So Does AEM :laugh:

1 - 20 of 67 Posts