Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
, Moderator Emeritus
Joined
·
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I regret not having taken more pix when I did the ground effects install a few months ago but maybe someone else can add to these?

Here are Acura instructions on the side skirts install. I'll add the pix that I have from when I did mine showing the panels off so you can see all the clips.

The sides are really the easiest to install and don't take more than about 40 min to an hour/side to do.
 

Attachments

·
, Moderator Emeritus
Joined
·
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Side Aero Install Pix

Here are the pix with the rocker panels removed, from the front looking back.
 

Attachments

·
, Moderator Emeritus
Joined
·
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
From the right, rear wheel well looking forward.
 

Attachments

·
, Moderator Emeritus
Joined
·
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Another view from the rear looking to the front.
 

Attachments

·
, Moderator Emeritus
Joined
·
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
A closeup of the rear retaining clips.

This black clip is replaced with one that is included with the kit, along with new square washers for all the others.

Also included are new tailpipe extensions to help move the rear pipes out further and clear the new bumper extension.
 

Attachments

·
, Moderator Emeritus
Joined
·
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
johnej said:
how much was the aero kit??
Did it in a group buy on hondacuraworld.com for about $820.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,255 Posts
Cool...I wish my wife would let me spruce my tsx up...She want's to spruce house up instead. Oh well..
 

·
, Moderator Emeritus
Joined
·
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
johnej said:
Cool...I wish my wife would let me spruce my tsx up...She want's to spruce house up instead. Oh well..
Try this out, help her spruce up the house and then ask if you can just add this one little thing more to the car... :rolleyes:
 

·
, Administrator Emeritus
Joined
·
2,496 Posts
hip said:
Try this out, help her spruce up the house and then ask if you can just add this one little thing more to the car... :rolleyes:
for $820 ?? I am sure she wont notice lol :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,255 Posts
Won't work...I get no play toys or anything for car until certain requirements are met...like new fence, furniture etc....
 

·
, Moderator Emeritus
Joined
·
1,344 Posts
Since you've put them on yourself maybe you can help me. I got the kit installed when I got the car (free install so why not).

I went over a very small parking lot curb one night that we couldn't see and knocked the skirt half off. I had the skirt put back on without a problem at the dealership but now theres a small gap on the front part where it attaches to the wheel weel. I also noticed one on the passanger side(hadn't noticed the passenger side yet). I had them fix the drivers side when I got my oil changed but it's slid back again.

Do you think I broke something where they attach right there so it won't hold anymore. I haven't had a chance to stop at the dealership and ask them yet. I'll take a pic tomorrow after I stop at the carwash.
 

·
, Moderator Emeritus
Joined
·
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
tony4311 said:
Since you've put them on yourself maybe you can help me. I got the kit installed when I got the car (free install so why not).

I went over a very small parking lot curb one night that we couldn't see and knocked the skirt half off. I had the skirt put back on without a problem at the dealership but now theres a small gap on the front part where it attaches to the wheel weel. I also noticed one on the passanger side(hadn't noticed the passenger side yet). I had them fix the drivers side when I got my oil changed but it's slid back again.
Each of the clips are constucted with a square shape, a molded X design at the rear (if I remember correctly). They all plug into corresponding square holes. So to insert one, you rotate the clip 45 degrees, insert and rotate another 45 degrees to lock in.

It's possible during your mishap that you either damaged or broke one or more of the clips at the mounting end or the attaching end, where it connects to the skirt.

That would be my guess, but someone is going to have to remove it and inspect to see where the damage actaully is.
 

·
, Moderator Emeritus
Joined
·
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Altersys said:
Anyone know where I can get ONLY the side skirts and not the whole kit?

thanks,
-Alt
If you check hondacuraworld.com (or any dealer) I believe you can buy the sides (both), the front and the rear as seperate items.
 

·
, Moderator Emeritus
Joined
·
1,344 Posts
hip said:
Each of the clips are constucted with a square shape, a molded X design at the rear (if I remember correctly). They all plug into corresponding square holes. So to insert one, you rotate the clip 45 degrees, insert and rotate another 45 degrees to lock in.

It's possible during your mishap that you either damaged or broke one or more of the clips at the mounting end or the attaching end, where it connects to the skirt.

That would be my guess, but someone is going to have to remove it and inspect to see where the damage actaully is.
yeah that's what I was afraid of. :(

Thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6 Posts
hey hip...i just got a new tsx and i want to get the underbody kit for it...i just wanted to know how hondacuraworld.com...i have never heard of them before because i never bought any car accessories online and i am skeptical about websites i never heard of...are the a credible source for stuff? did you have any problems with them? i just wanna know before i spend $900...

if anyone else bought somethin from there let me know too...id apreciate it...thanks
 

·
, Moderator Emeritus
Joined
·
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
itsmeslim33 said:
hey hip...i just got a new tsx and i want to get the underbody kit for it...i just wanted to know how hondacuraworld.com...i have never heard of them before because i never bought any car accessories online and i am skeptical about websites i never heard of...are the a credible source for stuff? did you have any problems with them? i just wanna know before i spend $900...

if anyone else bought somethin from there let me know too...id apreciate it...thanks
I understand how you feel. They appear to be legitimate Acura dealer and as far as my order went, there were no issues.

I've just received an email from Norm Reeves Honda in Temecula CA and they have agreed to a rear wing spoiler deal for $426.65 including shipping. Thats very close to Hondacuraworld.com's group buy price of ~$423 ($466.50 - 10% + $3.95 processing). I purchased my wheels from them and had good luck there so you might want to contact them as well to see how they would do?

Contact Lisa Duda at [email protected] or 909-491-2441
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6 Posts
hey thanks man...i appreciate it...ill check that dealer...the dealer i got my car from told me he can get it for me at cost but he told me that was for $1350 without the rear wing spoiler, just the underbody...and that is pretty much the acura offical website's quote so i dont want to deal with him no more. thanks again
 
1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Top