Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
San Ramon TSX
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my TSX for two weeks now. Overall, I am very happy. I have an 80 mile roundtrip commute so I've driven it a lot. The good:

It is a very comfortable car to drive. The seats, the handling, the suspension, the ergonomics. In my old Integra I'd start to get uncomfortable on long trips. Doesn't happen in this car.

Good balance of power vs economy. I've averaged 28 mpg in mixed driving so far. It's got sufficient power for my driving at any speed. I've got the auto so if you need more power at lower speeds I use the sport shift.

The interior. this is what I liked the most from the beginning. It's basically what made my decision between the Mazda 6 and the TSX. It's very well thought out -- the layout (non nav), the fit&finish, the colors and textures of materials. I love the blue lighting and LED instrumentation.

Suggestions:

The styling is good but looks boring from some angles. It doesn't really stand out in any way. There's nothing distinctive about it -- like the Integra font end for example.

I wish the car had an integrated hands-free phone feature. The Accord has it and, for this price-range, it should at least be available.

Overall I love the car although it might be a little bit over-priced to get the Acura badge. It's a perfect blend of sportiness and practicality for me.

·
The One and Only
210 Posts
hey.. can you give me a favor?

do the sharp turn at about 40~50 mph ..

and tell me about the car tilting... how smooth and stuff.. and is car quiet like camry?

==
my friend has new accord v6 auto... and that car is really fast...

·
, Moderator Emeritus
454 Posts
awesome information!

Glad to see your happy with your choice...
I still have yet to get majorly upclose and personal with the car... but i feel like from reading other peoples thoughts on them i am closer to it :)
Hopefully after exams i find some time to go check it out...

You know how when people have kids, at first they have to have like a weekly appointment.. then the 2 week appointment, then like a month, then they move to monthly appointments...

well i think it would be cool if someone decideds to do that with thier tsx's :)

·
San Ramon TSX
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
pics

I realize how hard it is to take pictures of cars. I was told, when you take photos of cars, you are taking a picture of everything reflected in the car...

To answer the questions. I notice the TSX has a degree of body roll at any speed. It is a heavy car. But it is a very tight-handling car. While I'm not expert, I think it handles a little better than my former 4-door Integra.

As far as interior noise, there is a lot of wind and tire noise. It is much better than my fiancee's Civic and my old Integra but I think the Camry is quieter at highway speeds.

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
How is the car doing now how many miles do you have on it? Are you still enjoying it? Any problems yet?
Thanks!

·
Registered
11 Posts
After 3 weeks

I've had the TSX now for 3 weeks, and I love it. Before getting the TSX I drove a 1996 Honda Accord for almost 7 years, and it was a very reliable car. I expect the same from my TSX.

My TSX is nighthawk black pearl with parchment interior and navi system. The car handles very well -- we just had a lot of rain down here and it had no problems on the slick roads.

Before getting my TSX I test drove the Mercedes and the Lexus ES300. I almost got the Lexus, but I am glad I waited because I think I got a much better deal with my TSX.

I do agree with the need for hands-free cell integration and getting rid of the annoying navi disclaimer every time you start the car.

Other than that, I think it's a very nice looking car, with very pretty interior and it sure is a comfortable ride. Tomorrow I go on a road trip to Orlando (from Ft. Lauderdale) so I get to try out the cruise control....

By the way, can anyone suggest a way to care for the navi screen?

·
, Administrator Emeritus
2,496 Posts
Re: After 3 weeks

vvanicek said:
I've had the TSX now for 3 weeks, and I love it. Before getting the TSX I drove a 1996 Honda Accord for almost 7 years, and it was a very reliable car. I expect the same from my TSX.

My TSX is nighthawk black pearl with parchment interior and navi system. The car handles very well -- we just had a lot of rain down here and it had no problems on the slick roads.

Before getting my TSX I test drove the Mercedes and the Lexus ES300. I almost got the Lexus, but I am glad I waited because I think I got a much better deal with my TSX.

I do agree with the need for hands-free cell integration and getting rid of the annoying navi disclaimer every time you start the car.

Other than that, I think it's a very nice looking car, with very pretty interior and it sure is a comfortable ride. Tomorrow I go on a road trip to Orlando (from Ft. Lauderdale) so I get to try out the cruise control....

By the way, can anyone suggest a way to care for the navi screen?
Have any pictures yet?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Well, I am probably the only person who still does not own a digital camera. So I took some pictures yesterday with my "old" camera. Once I get them develop I will scan and post !

·
Registered
8 Posts
:) Hi Elgage. This is the Mrs. "just add rice". Your pics look great. YOU HAVE MY CAR! I have the black also. Just got the windows tinted. It looks real nice that way too. Mine has the tan interior though and your pics look as though yours is a dark grey inside. You have good taste!

·
San Ramon TSX
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
black/tan

please post pics. I considered balck/tan interior but I hate the wood trim :( Here is mine with tint but you can't tell that well cause the tint is only 50%

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello Honda people,
I'm just putting a deposit on a new TSX, and I'm up in the air about the transmission. I've driven both and the 6 spd is really a kick, but I'm getting to be an old lady and thinkin maybe the auto would be better for me. My husband thinks the auto would be better for resale...hmmm. The auto has a bit less power, but still plenty of pick-up for this "old lady". Does anybody have specific ideas on which is better, aside from the auto getting better MPG?
I could have had the car today if I took it with 6spd. Soooo close, but for the auto there is a wait.
Looking at Carbon pearl w/ebony (wanted it w/quartz) wo/navi.
HELP PLEASE, make up my mind

·
TSX of the Month Winner
104 Posts
Being 18...I love the 6 speed after driving and auto Civic. I would say go for the 6 speed...but then again my dad tells me manuals are just too much work for his age. But then again....my dad is in the market for a new car and was thinking about getting a 6 speed after he drove mine for a couple of days.

I wouldn't worry about the resale of the value due to the transmission too much. Especially with this car because 1) the auto and manual are same price and 2) some younger kid 10 years down the road will buy a 6-speed with no thought.

It's pretty much all personal on what you like. I like the feel of control and being more into the drive. You may not. I'd reccomend waiting if you want an auto though. No reason having regrets every day cause of impatience.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks Sublime,
I'm still mulling it over. I've always had manual trannys except for my MBZ that I just sold, that was different for me. I've had an original VW Bug'73 new and a Toyota Corolla, 2 Audi 4000's (they had numerous electrical problems) my last 2 manuals were both Honda Accord EX's '90 & '97. The Hondas really spoiled me. I wanted to get a new Accord but couldn't find a 5 spd manual anywhere. Funny that though they are standard you can't get one. I don't sell my Honda's just pass them along to one of my 3 sons. So it's no surprise that my middle son steered me to the TSX when he found out I was shopping. He's already counting on inheriting it. I am wondering if this car will hold the appeal that the Civic SI has with the kids, I'm betting it will especially since they don't offer it in a coupe anymore.
That shifter felt sooooo SWEET.
I'll do more research

1 - 20 of 23 Posts