Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have JL Audio SGR-13W6v2 single sub , along with jl audio 1000/1v2 amp, and Alpine SPR-50C component . i was wondering if that amp could power up speakers as well ? would 2-channel speaker output converter work ?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Running those component speakers on this amp would fry them. The amplifier you have would only work for your subs. There is no highpass filter, therefore this amp cannot produce the mid-high range frequencies needed to drive your components. Also, although you see two sets of speaker connections, it is a monoblock. The same frequency range will be shared with both speaker connections as it's only one channel so you can only run your subs on this amp. As far as the 2 channel speaker output is concerned, this is what i used to connect my factory navi to my amp. Keep in mind that if you use this route, you will have to eliminate one of your speakers to achieve this. Not physically, just the wire itself will have to be used for the converter. I would recommend using the rear speaker to do this simply because they are only there for bass (low frequencies), which you will be adding a substantial amount of it with that JL setup, so you will not even notice that they are disconnected. Lastly, i would recommend an amp for those component speakers. I have the SPR-60C powered by an Alpine PDX-F6 (150 watts) and it is loud and clear. The type r components are known to get loud. Any amp would be much better than the factory amp. Doesn't have to be a high end JL. Good luck

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.