Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi i'm new here, I am searching for a new car and i came across the tsx. Great Car! I was wondering if anyone put in an aftermarket radio into their tsx w/o navi. I was looking at pictures of the radio and i notice like most new honda/acura it's not a regular din size. I know you can buy an adapter to convert the rsx-s 6 disc changer radio into a single din size for aftermarket radio. http://www.rsxmotorsports.com/bamorapa.html Is there any for the tsx? Call me crazy but the 6 disc changer and 8 speakers is just not enough for me :D

G

·
I'm considering purchasing the TSX and wanted to know if anyone has had any luck with putting in an aftermarket headunit in terms of having a factory kit to house the radio and AC vents. I haven't seen anyone put a system in the new TSX yet, and I was wondering if the kit is sold anywhere.

·
Registered
18 Posts
TSX Audio

I have the TSX W/ Navi so i won't be trying to put an aftermarket Stero in it. But i will be looking to put some subs in it...Probably 2 JBL 15s

·
Registered
13 Posts
aftermarket

usually it takes the aftermarket a little bit to catch up with what the factories are cranking out. This goes for anything from that headunit adaptor ya'll are looking for to body kits to performance mods. I would expect something out within three months.

·
TSX of the Month Winner
37 Posts
Re: aftermarket

PollackRacer21 said:
usually it takes the aftermarket a little bit to catch up with what the factories are cranking out. This goes for anything from that headunit adaptor ya'll are looking for to body kits to performance mods. I would expect something out within three months.
YA MOST OF THE PRODUCTS YOU WILL SEE AFTER THE SEMA SHOW IN VEGAS. IT IS THE FIRST WEEK OF NOV. SO THAT PUTS THE PRODUCT OUT IN JAN.:jump:

G

·
I've put in a complete aftermarket system in my '03 Accord. If you get adjustable Hi-Lo converters, you should have very little problems. Takes some time to learn how to tune the white noise first, then tune the amps/imaging on the car next. just need a contoured box now... =o(

I didn't see any reason to replace the head unit since it was a 6 disc in dash, and had the capability to do DVD and/or changer later on down the line. Besides, looked kinda funny. =o)

Overall, it was pretty easy, except if the TSX system is set up like the Accord's speakers were, there is no way to "drop" in new speakers in the front doors, I had to surface mount mine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts