Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
After 5-10 Guinness
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, anyone totting an aftermarket battery tie-down?? What options/choices do we have? Feel free to post pics, even if self-made, perhaps with any modifications needed to make it fit with the oem holders...
Thanks
ACC-Man
P.S. does anyone know if the radiator holders from other models fit our cars aswell??

·
After 5-10 Guinness
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi willy, is that an exact fit?? from the pic, it looks as if the 2 j-hook bolts are kinda off kilter..?? and thats the one they (CT) offer for the tsx, yes??

·
, Regional Meet Leader, Hawaii
1,506 Posts
Willy: what size is ur redtop?

Btw, heres mine

I had to drill holes for this to work

·
I love my CL9!
4,068 Posts
Hi willy, is that an exact fit?? from the pic, it looks as if the 2 j-hook bolts are kinda off kilter..?? and thats the one they (CT) offer for the tsx, yes??
What do you mean by off kilter? It might be the angle of the picture. The two J hooks are straight up from where they mount to the battery tray. If you're talking about how the tie down is offset (the top hook is closer to the left and the bottom hook is closer to the right), that's the way our mounting points are. This tie down isn't specifically for TSXs. It's just their generic offset tie down. They also have a straight one for RSXs and other cars that use a straight tie down.

Willy: what size is ur redtop?
I'm using Optima's 25 Red Top.

·
After 5-10 Guinness
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
@ Willy: Ok, that's what i meant, looked like the j-hooks were not coming straight up... must be the cam angle.
I realize our tie-downs are offset, i built one myself, supposed to look like an open-mouth wrench, but i am not going to post it.. didn't turn out like i had anticipated... that's why i need a new one... and that ugly as hell oem honda part is not going back in.....
@PatJo: did you paint those radiator stays yourself or are they aftermarket? Looks pretty cool!! got any closer up pix?

·
, Regional Meet Leader, Hawaii
1,506 Posts
@ Willy: Ok, that's what i meant, looked like the j-hooks were not coming straight up... must be the cam angle.
I realize our tie-downs are offset, i built one myself, supposed to look like an open-mouth wrench, but i am not going to post it.. didn't turn out like i had anticipated... that's why i need a new one... and that ugly as hell oem honda part is not going back in.....
@PatJo: did you paint those radiator stays yourself or are they aftermarket? Looks pretty cool!! got any closer up pix?
All the purple parts that u see are just painted except for the dress-up bolts :) ill try to take a closer pic

·
Registered
714 Posts
nothing fancy for me

i made my own. not sure if what you call it in the us but we call it din rail. its used in electrical junction boxes and you clip the joining blocks to it.

heres mine.

·
After 5-10 Guinness
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
nothing fancy for me

i made my own. not sure if what you call it in the us but we call it din rail. its used in electrical junction boxes and you clip the joining blocks to it.

heres mine.

Not shabby either!!! I am constantly amazed over what all can be done and how much ingeinuety/thought you's guys put into your cars... "hats off"!!! lemme see if i can't find pix of my "idea".. for me it looks like shite, but it is unique, none-the-less.... keep the infos/ideas coming dudes!!!!

·
I love my CL9!
4,068 Posts
Here's a couple more pics. As you can see in the second one, the J hook is straight up.

·
After 5-10 Guinness
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That looks real good Willy!! I am gonna order that one... Contacted a shop about sending me a few "to try on" (COBB, BWR, PWJDM and CT), asked if they would take the ones that don't fit back, sans the restocking fees... nope... So CT it will be... will have to paint it then, cause I want it to fit the red colour theme I have going, but that's not a prob...
thanks guys
ACC-Man

1 - 11 of 11 Posts