Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I have a 2011 6-speed tech package with 60k miles and am getting the shimmy/shake under load indicating probable worn inner joints. I'm trying to find out what others have done to source aftermarket axles for these things, as I am damn sure not going to pay the suggested retail price of $600 each for new ones from Acura. Does anybody have any brands or better yet part numbers to search by? I've looked at most of the major retailers online sites and they either only have it for automatics or they claim that automatic and manuals use the same axles, which I know not to be true because Acura has different part numbers between manual and automatics for both the left and right sides.

·
Registered
443 Posts
I believe you can buy just the inner joint cup and rebuild the joint. Source the joint from Acura.

There was a company I contacted about rebuilt axles but unfortunately they rebuild yours and send them back. That’s when I called, anyways. By now they may have a stock of rebuildable cores. If I remember the company, I will post again.

Don’t trust aftermarket catalogs. Honda and Acura axles aren’t interchangeable for some reason. One reason for sure is the diameter of where the axle seal which is in the side of the transmission, rides.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.