Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey I was wondering if you guys ever actually measured the exhaust piping before install? I always see aftermarket companies advertise 2.5" exhaust or whatever.

I recently picked up a exhaust that was 2.5"...BUT that's only outter diameter when you actually measure the inner diameter it's only about 2.25"/ 57-58mm, that's pretty much the same size as a 06-08 oem catback isn't it?

Just wanted to see if anyone has ever actually measured before installing.

·
Registered
248 Posts
hey I was wondering if you guys ever actually measured the exhaust piping before install? I always see aftermarket companies advertise 2.5" exhaust or whatever.

I recently picked up a exhaust that was 2.5"...BUT that's only outter diameter when you actually measure the inner diameter it's only about 2.25"/ 57-58mm, that's pretty much the same size as a 06-08 oem catback isn't it?

Just wanted to see if anyone has ever actually measured before installing.
I believe all exhaust companies advertise outter diameter as it's normal standard ;) Same goes for companies which sell pipes for any other solution ;)

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
2.5" piping...haha yea right

inner diameter

What makes it worse is that the flange is EVEN smaller than the actual inner diameter of the pipe, creating more of a bottle neck each time it passes a flange. In the picture below you can see the step between the inner diameter pipe and the flange.

I might try to grind it out to match the inner diameter of the piping. I just thought i'd bring it to you guys attention if anyone ever was curious. Check it out.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Dam that Sux Dude if I were you I'd try to burr it out so its even with the diameter of the piping your right its bottle necking and you might be losing power.

What brand is that?

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
after grinding and port matching the flange with the pipe I feel better about my exhaust :)

I also measured the oem midpipe outter diameter and it looks like 58mm
as well the oem pipes that split off into the muffler 45.6mm

Well....I guess the moral of the story, when you buy an off the shelf exhaust check your flange piping vs the actual piping. Not so bolt on after all :)
I just thought i'd share what I found with everyone.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts