Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'v done much research and have figured out most of what I need to do in order to do this, but I have one question left unanswered:

Where do I need to tap the remote wire into in order to be able to control the bass level using the stock head unit? I'v read that I need to tap into the stock amp, but I have no idea which wire I need to tap into

Any feedback will be much appreciated :)

·
Registered
175 Posts
u can connect the amp using line out converter to the rear speakers 6x9, i use stock headunit as well

·
Registered
874 Posts
You have POWER cable From battery to amp.
RCA from AMP TO RCA converter (connected to 6x9s) allows you to use the stock radio and keep stock controls on steering wheel
Remote - little thin blue wire ...you need power of amp to turn on and off with car, SO wire the remote wire from amp to the cigarette light inside of the center console, these turn on and off with car on when in the on position. and that's all there is to it

·
, Regional Meet Leader, Chicago
1,706 Posts
Remote wire has nothing to do with controlling your bass. You can't control your sub bass separately unless your amp was made for a separate bass control unit which you would have to install.

The remote wire is used to send power signal to amp... To say hey wake up!

Why go through all the trouble of routing wires into your console? Just tap a fuse w acc power in the in cabin fuse box.

There are many many many threads on this... Search function!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

1 - 4 of 4 Posts