Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking about getting my TSX tinted, but is there any history of problems with aftermarket tints on the rear defroster? Thank you.

·
Premium Member
64 Posts
I've have my tint on for 6 years and no problems. I had them professionally installed and they gave me a lifetime warranty, so if you go to a reputable place they should ease your worries.

What % you looking at I have 16 and love it!

·
" It Is What It Is "
7,490 Posts
My defroster has been working fine for 6 years with tints...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for the input. I am thinking of getting 40% tint all around, I think this is legal in Virginia.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I had 40% on mine. Looks great though its faded after 5 years now. No problems with the defroster and them. Just don't forget to never stick something on them or use ammonia based cleaners. Had to get mine redone.

·
Premium Member
857 Posts
I have 35%. Previous owner put it on but it seems to have lasted without any issues. Going to peel it off and change it to 15%. It ain't dark enough and the tint laws here aren't to strict (at least from what I can see)

·
Registered
198 Posts
I have 35%. Previous owner put it on but it seems to have lasted without any issues. Going to peel it off and change it to 15%. It ain't dark enough and the tint laws here aren't to strict (at least from what I can see)
Could you possibly post pics of it? I'm debating what level tint to get

·
Premium Member
857 Posts
I don't have much pics of my car but here... To the left is my car (wish that was my suby...)

I'm not home till next month and my cars covered in snow. If I remember, I'll snap more pics.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts