Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wonder if other people around here have noticed it, as well as in other "northern" areas.....

The last couple of weeks, afternoon traffic has been absolutely horrible. There's construction everywhere, which of course causes backups. And, I think, there's been an unusual number of accidents. I'd guess there's a relation: People get frustrated (not to mention late) because of all the construction backups, so they drive like hell to make up for it (not to mention in a state of confusion looking for alternate routes), making accidents more likely. I know I've been doing things on the road that I've been shaking my head at, things I would never do ordinarily.

And I gotta believe that the huge amount of road work is related to the horrible winter that we had, which caused unusually great damage to the roads.

So....anybody else noticing the same thing?

·
, Moderator Emeritus
8,663 Posts
Here in IL, we only have two seasons...Winter and Road Construction. Guess which season we're in now? ;)
Though I haven't seen much road construction around here...yet.. :nervous:

·
, Moderator Emeritus
5,757 Posts
I am not going to comment on the terrible traffic we have here! :wizard:

·
Registered
6,255 Posts
I am just glad I don't make all that many trips in to dallas. I dislike 635 with a passion....

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
johnej said:
I am just glad I don't make all that many trips in to dallas. I dislike 635 with a passion....
I'll have to remember that.....coming out that way in a couple of weeks.
Fortunately I'll be staying right in Fort Worth most of the time.....

·
, Administrator Emeritus
2,496 Posts
I am used to NY traffic, I do have a few rules :

Never use LIE (always has traffic or an accident)

Stay away from taking different routes that always gets people in trouble.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ray said:
.....Stay away from taking different routes that always gets people in trouble.
Yes, usually a good rule -- but sometimes you just can't resist. And the Nav helps.

Yesterday I did a dipsy-doodle to get around construction backups on the Henry Hudson Pkwy/West Side Hwy, and it worked out well.

Of course I nearly ran over a few people and nearly got killed.....

Not to mention that I had no idea where I was a lot of the time.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
1,003 Posts
Looks like the whole country is going to "hell in a handbag?" :devil:

·
Just a little nutty
664 Posts
Don't you just hate it when you get stuck in traffic due to construction detours and when you finally get to the construction site, no one is there working?

Argh!!! :banghead:

·
, Moderator Emeritus
1,003 Posts
Whatchamacallit said:
Don't you just hate it when you get stuck in traffic due to construction detours and when you finally get to the construction site, no one is there working?

That's because they ran out of gas! :slant:

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Whatchamacallit said:

That's right. As I pass those sites, I take a glance to make sure people are really there, because if they're not, I'm gonna kill them. :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts