Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
By Appointment Only
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well after washing my car over the weekend, and relieving the paint from all that salt, I discovered a little ding on the driver door. There is little doubt that is was caused by either a rock or a a chunk of salt. It is dented in very slightly and there is a small white scratch in the shape of semi-circle.

I am worried about this eventually spreading and/or rusting. Does anyone have any good tips about how to take car of this? I buffed it with Meguiars Wax and it didn't come out. Do you think the dealer can touch this up?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Most likely the paint is gone so no amount of buffing will fix it.

I'm sure the dealer can do it, the question is how well.

If you're willing to do it yourself, clean the area really well, CAREFULLY sand the spot with 600 grit sandpaper (be careful not to sand the paint around the spot), wipe it with 50/50 water/alcohol mixture and touch it up. Resist the urge of trying to fill it in one shot. Do it as many times as it takes but apply very small amounts and make sure it is dry before you apply the next layer.
Hope this helps.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
8,663 Posts
Wassup Doc! :D

sorry to hear :(

:thumbsup: sixspeed... I had a few dings on my hood...I just touched it up after cleaning it... didn't use sandpaper cause I was tooo scared to...

·
whatever
4,377 Posts
body shop guy I talk to once say for small spots - UNLESS you know exactly what you're doing (i.e have experience) whatever you do, don't sand them !

·
By Appointment Only
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys. I am going to dealer today to pick up my tags, so I will ask about what they can do. Sanding is probably the proper way to do it for professionals, but personally I would never trust myself with sandpaper anywhere near my paint. I have heard that nail polish can be used to seal knicks, has anyone else ever heard of such a thing?

(What is up with my signature?)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts