Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Oops. I, uh, did it again
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy. Loving reading all your posts.

I'm new to your forum and to any kind of car mod so I need some guidance.
I'm looking to buy a TSX, my fourth Honda and my first new car in nine years.

I test drove one and loved it. Much quicker than my 95 Civic EX but I'd still like just a little more squirt.

I've read about air intakes and how they're a good, cheap boost. So… are there any for this engine? Is it worth it? And would adding one blow the warranty?

Any advice would be a huge help.

·
The One and Only
210 Posts
dont compare this car with cheapo civic... (no offence)

and air intakes.. only add about 2~5 hp? so it has no diffrence..

·
Mmmmm...JDM
33 Posts
2-5 hp? A good cold air intake (CAI) usually adds more than 2-5. Being that the TSX is a K series engine (2.4), similar to the K series in the RSX (2.0), responds with substantial gains. I know you shouldn't believe everything you rerad but the AEM and DC Sports CAI netted around 19 hp to the wheels on an RSX. There have been other dyno plots that showed it to be closer to 16 hp to the wheels.

Anyway, it won't void the warranty of the whole car. It may void the warranty of the part the aftermarket part directly affects (if something goes wrong). Also, they have to prove that the aftermarket part caused the failure of whatever part on your car. Look at www.sema.org, the have paved the way between dealerships, manufacturers, and customers. Though there are still asshole service writers that think they know everything.

Whatever, go for the CAI, you'll love it! It sounds awesome and is a good bang for the buck.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Acura warrentys some aftermarket companys like AEM intakes and comptec parts.Also Park ave acura in jersey will install any of these parts and warrenty it,so if anything goes wrong they'll fix the car as if it was under warrenty.Pretty cool.

·
Registered
97 Posts
deff. voids warranty....

Reactions: TSX_WS

·
Mmmmm...JDM
33 Posts
6 spEed TSX, I know you are a moderator and all but, I'm not sure where you got your info from about it voiding the warranty but I'm sorry to say you are wrong. Do some research...try starting at www.sema.org

·
Registered
97 Posts
nahh i dun mind that i am....but im just saying from past expiriences....mah sis's b/f has a 2002 nissan sentra spec V...and he asked if he could put an intake, and some other stuff, it would void the warranty and the person he talked to said yes...so i dunno....

·
Mmmmm...JDM
33 Posts
Just because some A-hole service writer says it voids the warranty doesn't mean it's the truth. Those guys sometimes can be on a power-trip, especially if you are younger. Whatever that guy told your sis or whoever, does not know the truth or what he is talking about.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
1,344 Posts
It will NOT void your warranty. Check out the magnuson-moss warranty act for more info. http://www.mlmlaw.com/library/guides/ftc/warranties/undermag.htm

Basicly the intake can only void the warranty if it is directly responsible for any damage to the engine. I also called the Acura warranty dept. before I put on a CAI(on my Integra) and they said it wouldn't void the warranty.

As far as the intake goes your focus shouldn't be on peak gains anyway. You want to focus on the whole powerband and how its changed.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Cold Air Intake would be very good on this car.. Any idea if anyone is working on it yet?

·
Registered
8 Posts
How the warranty works with these cars is simple. If the problem can be linked directly to the part. It will be up to the district parts and service rep to decide if it will affect the warranty. As far as it VOIDING the warranty that can only be done if you mess with the way the engine acts. Adjusting the V-TEC controller and such, Performance ECU. AEM and Comptech will not void do to the fact that Comptech buys parts directly from HONDA and not a dealer. Service writers are ignorant to the performance world and think all aftermarket is bad. Just my 2cents

·
Registered
13 Posts
Most ever air intake u buy and install won't void your warrenty unless you put it on really wrong and it messes up the engine. Frankly, if you do that, you deserve to lose your warrenty, and perhaps, your manhood as well. If any mechanic point you to your air intake and says that it voided your warrenty point him straight to the SEMA website.

·
Registered
89 Posts
i put a shot intake on intake on mine it added some low end and i think some high end...i think the cold air will do alot more when it comes out. since the intake is right next to the engine and behind the radiator

1 - 15 of 15 Posts