Acura TSX Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 105 Posts

·
TSX of the Month Winner
5,877 Posts
AJR-COW said:
In a way you are correct but puting this wheel on the CL7 will work. Because the EP3,DC5 and the CL7 share the same rear plug. A customer has installed this wheel and has gotten it to work.

Thanks
Calvin
well I ordered the steering wheel and airbag from you guys and the airbag I received had a completely different connector than the tsx. One has 4 wires and the other has two wires. I am not trying to go against you but there is not way to do it with connectors. I mean maybe you can cut the connectors off and hook the wires together but that doesnt seem really safe. THE US EP3 and the US DC5 share the same airbag. the JDM EP3, DC5, and CL7/CL9 also all share the same airbag. however the US requires dual stage airbags and japan only requires single stage and thuse the reason of 4 wires on US airbags and 2 wires on JDM airbags.

If you have proof otherwise showing that you can use the JDM airbag I would love to see pictures of it hooked up and the system not having an airbag light.

You are correct in saying that the steering wheel works cause I have it and have it installed as I ordered it from you. However the airbag I got from you guys from the euroR does not work.

·
TSX of the Month Winner
5,877 Posts
GAntonio said:
Dude, he already posted a possible group buy on the J's exhuast.

Honestly tho' I wouldn't want everybody to be rockin that exhuast, it would lose its originality factor. Call me a hater, whatever. I'm trying to build my car to be different, unique, and rare!
yeah I am trying to build my car of unique and rare parts to. I was planning on doing an entire j's racing conversion but since he just put a discount on all of the parts basically I minus well try to get them all at a discount.

·
Registered Member
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
CCColtsicehockey said:
well I ordered the steering wheel and airbag from you guys and the airbag I received had a completely different connector than the tsx. One has 4 wires and the other has two wires. I am not trying to go against you but there is not way to do it with connectors. I mean maybe you can cut the connectors off and hook the wires together but that doesnt seem really safe. THE US EP3 and the US DC5 share the same airbag. the JDM EP3, DC5, and CL7/CL9 also all share the same airbag. however the US requires dual stage airbags and japan only requires single stage and thuse the reason of 4 wires on US airbags and 2 wires on JDM airbags.

If you have proof otherwise showing that you can use the JDM airbag I would love to see pictures of it hooked up and the system not having an airbag light.

You are correct in saying that the steering wheel works cause I have it and have it installed as I ordered it from you. However the airbag I got from you guys from the euroR does not work.

Pm, Sent, Hopefully we can help you out to install the wheel.

·
TSX of the Month Winner
5,877 Posts
^^^ responded.

just so other people know I have nothing against AJ-Racing at all. I have done tons of business with them and plan to continue doing business with them.

·
Registered Member
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
CCColtsicehockey said:
^^^ responded.

just so other people know I have nothing against AJ-Racing at all. I have done tons of business with them and plan to continue doing business with them.
Thanks
Ok just to clear things up the wheel can be installed with minor modifcations. The Air Bag will need to be rewired. At this time we are will try to get insturctions up on how to rewire it.

·
, Regional Meet Leader, Vancouver
9,175 Posts
^ If you guys can actually get the JDM airbag to work, I think a couple of local people might be interested, for real!! So, good luck.

And yes, I think groupbuys are gay, because the next day, there will be like 5+ threads on the same thing!! Hahaha....

·
Registered
47 Posts
Benz said:
^ If you guys can actually get the JDM airbag to work, I think a couple of local people might be interested, for real!! So, good luck.

And yes, I think groupbuys are gay, because the next day, there will be like 5+ threads on the same thing!! Hahaha....

Agree. The reason why we buy things like the J's exhuast for example, is to be unique. It would be pretty gay to see like 5 or more TSX's with the same setup.
Also, there are people who will get one in a group buy just beecause everybody else is doing it.

But in the case of AJ racing that shit means good business and profit. $$$$$$$

·
9,175 Posts
GAntonio said:
Agree. The reason why we buy things like the J's exhuast for example, is to be unique. It would be pretty gay to see like 5 or more TSX's with the same setup.
Also, there are people who will get one in a group buy just beecause everybody else is doing it.

But in the case of AJ racing that shit means good business and profit. $$$$$$$
Ya, I told AJ to do some groupbuys way back, because it increase business. BUt I mean, some items are alright...well, actually, any items are good as long as they want it. But I rather pay a little bit more (since it's not that much of a difference) and be special and unique!

·
Registered Member
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Benz said:
Ya, I told AJ to do some groupbuys way back, because it increase business. BUt I mean, some items are alright...well, actually, any items are good as long as they want it. But I rather pay a little bit more (since it's not that much of a difference) and be special and unique!

Get a 70 RR then :)

·
, Moderator Emeritus
4,232 Posts
Benz, you gotta think outside the box.

I bet you that the majority or purchases that come from this board is outside of Vancouver. I don't think there will be that many TSX's running around van with the same gear from group buys.

·
9,175 Posts
AJR-COW said:
Get a 70 RR then :)
I want to...but, I think another PWP TSX is getting it. I want to see how loud it is :jester: The louder the better.. :nutkick:

·
9,175 Posts
narci said:
Benz, you gotta think outside the box.

I bet you that the majority or purchases that come from this board is outside of Vancouver. I don't think there will be that many TSX's running around van with the same gear from group buys.
ALot of of guys running in Van bought alot of stuff from AJR already, so we see alot of JDM guys and Mugen guys running around. BUt I mean, seeing how most of the members on the board having the same thing, just..doesn't feel special to me. That's why i didn't get the Euro R kit in the first place. I think we have almost as many guys here running mugen lip kit as to Euro R kit or the Mugen bumper..

·
Registered Member
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
I will post a sound clip for you guys sometime next week.

Benz said:
I want to...but, I think another PWP TSX is getting it. I want to see how loud it is :jester: The louder the better.. :nutkick:

21 - 40 of 105 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.