Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there have been several posts regarding 2004-2006 (maybe through 2008) TSX having alignment issues out of the factory. This doesn't concern that problem, but it does tie in; my 2004 TSX did not have this initial alignment problem, my problem started after it dropped the vehicle using Tein Superstreet Coliovers with Ingall's Front and Real alignment adjusters. My alignment issues has been going on for almost a year and a half and it can't seemed to be resolved.
I've gotten about 4 (or 5) alignments since Dec 2006 and it's has cost me 4 additional Kumho SPT tires in the process. My question is, has anyone else gone to have an alignment done (@ pep boys, les schwab's or any other alignment place) and it seems like you get "feathered" tire wear on your rear tires??? To me it seems like they leave the rear to the faulty factory specs from the 2004-2006(8) generation. I confident that it's the Toe of the tires that is not correct, even though the alignment shop supplies me with the spec at which the wheels are currently tuned to.

Also, the alignment places keep telling me i need camber adjusters, do they even know that they're installed? Ingall's camber and toe adjusters for the TSX are EASY to use in my opinion, it's a matter of just twisting to your desired spec.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
2,363 Posts
you should take it to a race shop or a shop that deals with aftermarket cars/parts. my local porsche race shop does alignments and they know how to set up a car's susp. it costs more then your basic alignment, but worth it.

·
Bork Bork Bork
3,317 Posts
A set of tires in two years isn't too ridiculous. I have those same tires as of now and I don't think they wear that fast, but 2 years doesn't sound impossible to replace them. What kind of driver are you? If you are more "spirited" then your tire wear could just be a result of your driving. Five or even four alignments is a bit excessive, so at this point you mine as well pay extra and goto a place that you know will do it correctly. And make sure they adjust the back. If anything, its the front that doesn't need to be adjusted.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
2,363 Posts
A set of tires in two years isn't too ridiculous. I have those same tires as of now and I don't think they wear that fast, but 2 years doesn't sound impossible to replace them. What kind of driver are you? If you are more "spirited" then your tire wear could just be a result of your driving. Five or even four alignments is a bit excessive, so at this point you mine as well pay extra and goto a place that you know will do it correctly. And make sure they adjust the back. If anything, its the front that doesn't need to be adjusted.
^yes, u dont need to change camber on the front, but after lowering the car, deff should adjust toe in the front.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts