Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I just picked up my TSX a few hours ago, I've been driving around since then.

The first thing I noticed when I drove away from the dealership, was that the steering wheel was not centered. It leans towards right on straight roads, and the car tends to pull to the side. How can this be on a brand new car with 1m on the odometer?

Do the tires just have to be driven on a bit? or does my car have alignment problems?

:confused:

·
, Administrator Emeritus
2,496 Posts
give it 50 miles then take it back to the dealership see if alignment is screwd up or maby other problems.

·
San Ramon TSX
27 Posts
same here

My TSX is slightly out of alignment as well but I don't notice it pulling significantly. I'd just take it back to the dealer, the sooner the better.

How do you like your car over all? What color did you get?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I love the car overall, but the whole buying experience has been so painful that I don't get to enjoy the car as much as I should.

I took it back to the dealer, they found out that the alignment was way off. They did a full alignment and now it's better but I still don't think it's perfect.

I've been talking to Acura Canada, it turns out that the lazy bums at the dealer never did the PDI on my car. It had 1km when I picked it up and the guy has the nerves to tell me they did a full road test. Full road test in 1km, go firgure...

Anyways, I'm trying to get my $900 PDI charge back from them. Anyone out there thinking of buying, be ware that you're paying the dealer $900 PDI for pretty much sitting on their ass.

:mad:

·
TSX Fanatic
28 Posts
I picked up my car yesterday with 4 miles on the odometer (3 of those from my test drive) and I ALSO noticed this slight offcenter steering. I have to keep the wheel slightly turned to the right on the highway to keep it straight. Need to find a air pressure guage...maybe the psi in the front tires are uneven. Maybe it's the alignment. I'll find out for sure.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Moisted said:

Anyways, I'm trying to get my $900 PDI charge back from them. Anyone out there thinking of buying, be ware that you're paying the dealer $900 PDI for pretty much sitting on their ass.

:mad:

What? you actually paid for PDI? I didn't pay a cent when I bought my TSX. I think it was listed on the "second sticker" but I was never charged for it...

·
Registered
22 Posts
I would check the tire pressure first (cold). Because from what I heard and personal experience, the tires are over inflated from the factory or not inflated properly. My tires were like 40psi!

·
TSX Fanatic
28 Posts
Well, I checked the psi on the tires and they are all even and to specs. Called the dealer and scheduled an alignment appointment.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I took mine in for an alignment and after waiting 4 hrs it did the same thing. They gave me a rental and they had to adjust the chaisis of the car to get it right but it is perfect now...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts