Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took advantage of a gorgeous Sunday here in Mtl to wax up the TSX for winter. I use Mother's 3-step system. A 3 hour + job, but the results are well worth the effort. Plus, it's my TSX's 1-year anniversary. She looks as good as new. What type of wax do you fellows use?

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nope, didn't have time and it's dark now...

·
Registered
333 Posts
Noel said:
Meguiars NXT Wax ... :thumbsup:
Same here :) Best polish and products no doubt, I also use the Meguiars Tyre finish and mag cleaner as well ! The first time I polished my Euro a couple of months ago she actually ended up looking better than she did when we first got her ! It also seems to last along time too !

·
, Moderator Emeritus
5,352 Posts
Here is my detail process:
1) Clay Bar
2) 3M Swirl Mark Remover (for dark cars) - this will help your swirl marks or water spots IMMENSELY
3) Klasse All-In-One
4) Klasse Sealer Glaze
5) Blitz One Grand Carnuba
6) After washes I use Eagle1 Wax-as-u-Dry or Wet

Or just Zymol if I'm doing the SUV (Pilot) or vehicles other than my TSX.

·
Registered
47 Posts
meguiars hi-tech liquid yellow wax for quick waxing a few times a year when the finish is very clean.

meguiars swirl remover if i find any crud that won't come off, usually good to use about once a year to deep clean. followed up by the yellow wax. if i'm feeling really ambitous i'll use a glaze before the yellow wax, whether or not the swirl remover was used first.

i'm just glad i don't own a dark colored car any more. my tsx is satin silver metallic. looks clean almost all the time even when it isn't!!!!! still, dark cars rule when they're all shined up.

oh and definitely use a random orbital buffer. they go a long way towards avoiding the unsightly circular swirls like those created by wannabe buffers that just spin like a regular drill.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
5,352 Posts
BTW, I use the top of the line Porter*Cable orbital polisher. A must have! :)

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
HondaMan said:
BTW, I use the top of the line Porter*Cable orbital polisher. A must have! :)
Don't tell me you're voting Bush-Cheney?

·
, Moderator Emeritus
1,344 Posts
tradsf said:
Don't tell me you're voting Bush-Cheney?

:checks to see if he's in the the politcs forum:
:topic:

Add me to the porter cable list

·
, Moderator Emeritus
5,352 Posts

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Recent world poll finds that 8 countries out of 10 in the world want Bush out of the White House. I know, I know, I'm off topic, but just thought I'd mention it. :topic:

·
, Moderator Emeritus
5,352 Posts
tradsf said:
Recent world poll finds that 8 countries out of 10 in the world want Bush out of the White House. I know, I know, I'm off topic, but just thought I'd mention it. :topic:
That's great...I'm sure Canada is one of them, especially since all you have is anti-Bush books in the Montreal Dorval airport (I was there last month). :rolleyes: I really could care less what y'all think, cause you don't have America's best interest in mind. I'm sure once Canada gets in trouble the first person you will call is the good olé US of A to save your butts. So, get on topic in the political forum! :p

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Just to make sure I'm not misunderstood. I'm not anti-American, I'm anti-Bush. And yes, the war in Iraq was a no-no that the US of A is not about to forget. Does Vietnam ring a bell? That's what I don't appreciate about you guys. You think that because we attack your president (with intimate ties with the Saudis), we are attacking all of you. I think our prime minister, Paul Martin, is an a-hole also, if it can come as a consolation.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Also, Bush and America's best interests do not go together. America is at its best when it has strong alliances with the world. Bush destroyed those alliances, and I'm proud that Canada did not engage in the war, because it was declared on false pretexts. The USA has lost the respect of a large portion of the civilized world. If you couldn't care less, that's you're right, but it also makes you more vulnerable to other terrorist attacks (which I do not wish in any way, may it be mentioned). September 11 was a terrible day, but Bush did not go about it the right way. He used the event to draw the American people into paranoia in the hopes of being reelected. It's funny that the terroristic attack scale has not been heightened since the campaign really got under way, isn't it?

·
, Moderator Emeritus
5,352 Posts
tradsf said:
Also, Bush and America's best interests do not go together. America is at its best when it has strong alliances with the world. Bush destroyed those alliances, and I'm proud that Canada did not engage in the war, because it was declared on false pretexts. The USA has lost the respect of a large portion of the civilized world. If you couldn't care less, that's you're right, but it also makes you more vulnerable to other terrorist attacks (which I do not wish in any way, may it be mentioned). September 11 was a terrible day, but Bush did not go about it the right way. He used the event to draw the American people into paranoia in the hopes of being reelected. It's funny that the terroristic attack scale has not been heightened since the campaign really got under way, isn't it?
Like I said take this to the political forum and I and others will respond further...copy/paste what you have posted here over there i.e. start a thread there called Canada's view of Bush or something.

·
That Guy
19 Posts
Recent world poll finds that tradsf opinion doesnt matter! You cant vote so I dont think anyone really cares what you think on the topic.
VOTE BUSH-CHENEY!

·
, Moderator Emeritus
5,352 Posts
JP_Freak33 said:
Recent world poll finds that tradsf opinion doesnt matter! You cant vote so I dont think anyone really cares what you think on the topic.
VOTE BUSH-CHENEY!
Cool...y'all need to come join us in the political forum, especially since you are GWB supporter! :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts